  • Re: My buddy says hurricane sandy is an exception to the broken window fallacy because...

    [quote]There may well be a wealth transfer from rich people to the workers, however that is not an exception to the fallacy.[/quote] That's the seen; there's also the unseen where some of their savings was invested in companies that had indirect benefits, but now will be taken out of them. Besides, like someone else said, what the hell is wrong
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Blargg on Tue, Nov 6 2012
  • Re: Unsolicited Advice

    Always trust your own thinking. Sometimes it won't be very good, but don't just toss it aside for anyone else's. Everyone you meet will subtly imply that you aren't your own authority in countless ways. Think about this regularly and turn back to yourself.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Blargg on Tue, Nov 6 2012
  • Re: Official Sandy intervention and the black market

    Exactly my experience as well, the suspicion that someone is taking advantage of them just overrides all reasoning. They have this huge idea in their minds of all these evil people all over the place. They see this evil as the cause of all their big problems in life, so must fight back at every opportunity or else they feel they're giving up, are
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Blargg on Mon, Nov 5 2012
  • Re: Marginal Insanity

    This sounds like the basic tradeoff one must sometimes make between mutually-exclusive short-term and long-term payoffs. I think that if one chooses the short-term one, it's because the long-term one either isn't worth it, or there's perceived risk that outweighs the investment. If one engages in lots of short-term payoffs that prove to
    Posted to General (Forum) by Blargg on Mon, Nov 5 2012
Page 23 of 23 (224 items) « First ... < Previous 19 20 21 22 23 | More Search Options