  • Re: Deregulation and Corporations

    What people don't realize is that corporations frequently lobby government for regulation in order to stiffle competition. For instance, it is widely believed that Upton Sinclair's book "The Jungle" forced government to enact regulation against meat processing companies. However, most don't know that those very companies were lobbying
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tbonesw on Mon, Jun 30 2008
  • Re: Eurocrats working hard...

    The image of the politicians trying to run away like scared children to avoid embarassment is absolutely priceless. I also like how the so called anti-tax guy wants to appeal to their "morality."
    Posted to General (Forum) by Tbonesw on Sat, Jun 28 2008
  • Re: The Troubled Economics of Ayn Rand

    The concept of art is mostly subjective. Does anyone else here wonder how much great art has been lost to time due to collectivist thought? You have to think that countless numbers of great novels, inventions, and other pieces or art have been over looked or not even submitted because of this.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Tbonesw on Mon, Mar 31 2008
  • Re: Thoughts on David Friedman

    I attend UC Riverside. Law's Order is the required text and it is a pro-market book. However, my instructor seems to completely ignore Dr. Friedman's conclusions entirely, and I find myself having to give pro-state answers on the tests even though I competely dissagree with what I write. I don't want to give you the impression that the econ
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Tbonesw on Fri, Mar 21 2008
  • Thoughts on David Friedman

    I am currently enrolled in a class where the required reading is a book called Law's Order by David Friedman. Upon researching Dr. Friedman I discovered that he is an anarcho-capitalist but not in the Murray Rothbard sense. His theory is based upon the belief that anarcho-capitalism would be a more efficient system from a cost-benefit analysis rather
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Tbonesw on Thu, Mar 20 2008
  • Re: 9/11 Conspiracy

    Interesting discussion so far. I have one question though. There seems to be a lot of focus by the believers on the destruction of World Trade Center 7. This event can be construed as the "smoking gun" in 9/11 conspiracy evidence. My question is: why would the government even bother blowing this building up? It has been pointed out that it
    Posted to History (Forum) by Tbonesw on Fri, Feb 29 2008
  • Re: 9/11 Conspiracy

    I also want to point out that conspiracy theories may draw attention away from the real culprit: blowback. Blowback is a documented and logical response to imperialism and has occurred countless times throughout history.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Tbonesw on Thu, Feb 28 2008
  • 9/11 Conspiracy

    After reading some post recently it has come to my attention that a number of the posters on these boards are supporters of the 9/11 conspiracy theory. This kind of perplexed me as I though that most Austrians were more supporters of the inept/inefficient view of government as opposed to the omniscient/malevolent view. While I agree that the government
    Posted to History (Forum) by Tbonesw on Thu, Feb 28 2008
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | More Search Options