  • Re: Arguments For Free Will

    [quote user="MaikU"] Define "free will" first if you'd like a serious debate :) Like in debates about god vs no-god, one must be able to define "god" first. I personally haven't heard any logical/rational definition of it . [/quote] Seems to me you would enjoy reading G.E. Moore's Principia Ethica . I don't
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Wed, Oct 26 2011
  • Re: Arguments For Free Will

    I always thought twins were a good proof of willpower. Twins are identical in every physiological way, yet they live entirely separate lives. Also, there really is no reason to assume determinism exists because when I will something, it happens. In an interesting departure, if determinism did exist, we would be meant to wonder about free will, which
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Wed, Oct 26 2011
  • What is Ron Paul's Tax Plan?

    If he were nominated and won the presidency, what would his tax plan be?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, Oct 22 2011
  • Re: Which Countries Other Than the U.S. Allow Private Ownership of Guns?

    [quote user="Clayton"] [quote]You're very annoying to redirect what I asked. You know exactly what I was asking, and you pull this relativist switcharoo with the terminology. I'm surprised you actually used words for fear of denoting some absolutist principles. Semantics exist, but so does meaning. Private ownership means exactly what
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, Oct 22 2011
  • Re: Obama withdrawing troops in Iraq by year's end

    Wikipedia is a bad reference!!! Anyone can edit it. Have any others? I'm interested to see a more credible source.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, Oct 22 2011
  • Re: Which Countries Other Than the U.S. Allow Private Ownership of Guns?

    [quote user="Clayton"] With a sufficiently narrow definition of "private" and "allow", I think most countries in the world. I don't think the state provides all bodyguard and armored car services even in countries like Germany with insanely strict gun laws. The phrase I prefer to "private gun ownership" is
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Sat, Oct 22 2011
  • Which Countries Other Than the U.S. Allow Private Ownership of Guns?

    I was listening to Neil Boortz today, and he was mentioning to an entrepreneuer that there are 9 countries in the world who have more economic freedom than the U.S. This made me think: which countries other than the U.S. allow private ownership of guns and other weapons?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Wed, Oct 19 2011
  • Re: Herman Cain Caught in Lie During Debate - 10/12/11

    I liked Cain when he first came out, then I heard him stumble over his thoughts about Affirmative Actions, then having supported portions of TARP, and although in a lot of ways he's better than the political hacks Perry and Romney, his lack of knowledge or opinion concerning foreign policy and leaving it in the hands of others while not wanting
    Posted to General (Forum) by Brutus on Wed, Oct 19 2011
  • Re: Time Travel

    I think a lot of people would go back in time and disconnect your internet before you had a chance to post this question. LOL Ok in actually answering the question...yes, it would cause inflation in that what is perceived to be extra money toward purchasing a product would really not be. But...it would all depend on how prevalent time travel is. I would
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Brutus on Wed, Sep 14 2011
  • Re: The pros of Ron Paul's retirement from Congress.

    I think if he came into the White House, it'd be comparable to Dave Ramsey fixing the budget. President Paul would treat the U.S. economy like a sick patient by removing the disease and letting the body heal itself, not using band-aids like the Obama and the rest.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Brutus on Thu, Jul 14 2011
Page 1 of 18 (171 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options