  • Re: Austrian economics

    Are you in grad school for economics?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Thu, Jun 2 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    I thought the fiat money was based on the guarantee of the government accepting it for the purposes of paying taxes.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Thu, Jun 2 2011
  • Re: The Republican Nominee hopefuls

    The establishment hasn't supported him yet because he's an outsider. He's a self-made man who has very successful executive exprience in the private sector, running corporations and making them profitable again. He is certainly qualified in the executive sense. Because he is an outsider and a non-politician, they cannot control him. He's
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by shackleford on Thu, Jun 2 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    Three eggs for 100 billion dollars?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Mon, May 30 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    It's so stupid. Their defense is it could have been much worse. I remember my macro professor saying that. It would have been even worse if we didn't spend the money!
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Thu, May 19 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    I watched the first video. It was pretty good. I'll try to watch the first in a little bit. I'm at work, and it's kind of slow right now. Someone linked the Krugman-second-coming-of-Keynes article. I forget the Austrian response to why fiscal stimulus is a failure in a recession/depression. It seems to me that another reason why is on the
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Wed, May 18 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    Well, clearly, I have a lot to learn about Austrian economics. I watched the video with Peter Schiff. Those other jackasses were completely wrong and constantly ridiculed him. Why? It's almost like they had an agenda to support the house of cards. It also appears that the biggest purported contribution from Keynes is the effectiveness of a direct
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Wed, May 18 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    I like his free to choose concept. His exchange on youtube with "Michael Moore" is fantastic, in my opinion. I always break things down into principle and philosophy. Practicality can always sort itself out once you have a correct foundation. I guess I should study his laissez faire approach.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    Right. It is silly to expect or apply such explicit and deterministic laws with human action. I have not read any of Friedman's books, just listened to some interviews and discussions on Youtube. I liked his free market ideals. I downloaded Human Action; Man, State, and Economy; and Individualism and Economic Order, but I have yet to read a lot
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    I agree. I was told the opposite should work. We look at the market activity and make our assumptions from that.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
Page 43 of 45 (450 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > | More Search Options