  • Re: Austrian economics

    I am not kidding. I could post a link to the thread, but this person may actually post on here. I doubt it, but I'm not sure. Personally, I think this person is full of crap. I disagree with virtually everything we discussed. I was not versed in the Austrian line of thought, but I understand that you do not want artificiality in the markets. Government
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Re: Austrian economics

    Oh, I understand the reasoning completely. It only makes sense to use propositional logic to deduce economic theory. I'm a math major, physics minor senior. How are the statistical tools broken? I thought poor government policy, legislation, and regulation led to a great number of mortgages being given to those who could not afford it. Combined
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Re: The Republican Nominee hopefuls

    Herman Cain is the man. hermancain.com
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Austrian economics

    I was recently informed on another forum that Austrians are not taken seriously in academia and they have not given any reasonable explanation for the recent financial crisis. Is that because mathematical modeling is not core? I was also told that starting from first principles or behavioral analysis to understand or describe a market is useless since
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Re: Healthcare Individual Mandate Constitutional

    The interstate commerce clause was embedded simply to facilitate commerce across state lines by making it easier and more uniform. Onerous regulation subverts this idea.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Re: Healthcare Individual Mandate Constitutional

    With the interstate commerce and general welfare clauses, many people wnat to grant nigh-unlimited power to the federal government. However, notice that the general welfare is preceded by and is actually intimately connected with the defence of the United States. It refers to the defence and general welfare of the United States. Remember, the "United
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by shackleford on Tue, May 17 2011
  • Re: Austrian Economics Graduate Program

    Oh, that bad. Well, I hope I'm making sense. I want to go to a free market or Austrian program, but it will just cost too much. I go to the University of Houston. It's a decent school, probably #4 in Texas. It certainly has a Keynesian focus, though.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by shackleford on Fri, May 6 2011
  • Re: Austrian Economics Graduate Program

    Having a school pay my own way is very unlikely. I am not going for a Ph.D. The UT-Austin program disgusts me. Look at their Marxian classes. Is Texas Tech any good?
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by shackleford on Fri, May 6 2011
  • Re: Austrian Economics Graduate Program

    I'm in Houston. Private schools are going to be more expensive, at least as much as out-of-state tuition somewhere else. My first choice would be GMU, but that'll cost at least $30K.
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by shackleford on Wed, May 4 2011
  • Re: Austrian Economics Graduate Program

    What is the best economics graduate program in Texas? That would be the most affordable route for me since I live in Texas. I guess the question should be what is the least Keynesian program. -_-
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by shackleford on Wed, May 4 2011
Page 44 of 45 (450 items) « First ... < Previous 41 42 43 44 45 Next > | More Search Options