  • Re: Inflation vs. Deflation FINAL

    from my understanding, inflation can be caused by several things. 1. An increase in the supply of money in circulation. 2. A decrease in the overall supply of goods while the supply of money in circulation holds constant. 3. Some semi-magical set of circumstance including mass irrationality. So, even though the FED is absolutely and inarguably inflating
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by mpablazer on Wed, Apr 15 2009
  • Re: The death of OPEC

    Is it any different that these are sovereigns with 100's of years of history on the land and using the resources. My question really is - and I have often pondered this - these "monarchies" are really tribal based, is the land not really their property - and therefor the resources under it. I consider this different than in the US, where
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by mpablazer on Fri, Sep 12 2008
  • Re: The death of OPEC

    Not only the media not reporting on it, but my company's fuel buyer did not even know about it until I talked with him a few minutes ago. So it seems to be all over the blogs, but not on a single valid news source. Doesn't mean it did or din't actually happen - but even reporting on a runaway rumor like this is a valid news story in and
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by mpablazer on Fri, Sep 12 2008
  • Re: Pell Grants

    I think the only thing you could so to make your use of the Pell Grant wrong, would be to fight for its continuation. Using the funds because they are available does not seem wrong, fighting for the continued theft required to fund the grants would be. I know some folks say that by using government supported resources one becomes an advocate for those
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by mpablazer on Wed, Sep 10 2008
  • Re: Administration course

    [quote user="alerty"] I'm studying administration at my university, but i only have marxist teachers. If there is one, could someone recommend a book about administration that goes more towards austrian economics? Thx. [/quote] Alerty, is this a business administration or a public administration course? Is it financial administration or
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mpablazer on Sat, Aug 23 2008
  • Re: Things I could do without government

    1. Afford to either work a little less and homeschool my children or afford to send them to a private school 2. Create a social service business with equity financing in a social services equity market with real business incentives to owners and managers. Watch social issues melt away as the market solves them. 3. Reclaim the 200 acres taken from my
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mpablazer on Sat, Aug 23 2008
  • Re: Charity - Philanthropy and Market Economics Question

    [quote user="Byzantine"]and the recipients are free riders taking advantage of an opportunity to subsidize items like single motherhood or drugs and alcohol.[/quote] That is of course the flip side of my problem with the argument from nonprofits that they exist in a 3rd sector. The literature is abundant with mentions of free-ridership. To
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mpablazer on Fri, Jun 13 2008
  • Re: Charity - Philanthropy and Market Economics Question

    [quote user="JackCuyler"] Rothbard touches on the subject in The Myth of Neutral Taxation , starting on page 5 of the pdf. [/quote] Thank You very much for this link. I see Rothbard's argument as placing a distinction between the voluntary (market) economy and the coercive (state theft) economy. Of coursre they are interrelated in our
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mpablazer on Fri, Jun 13 2008
  • Re: Charity - Philanthropy and Market Economics Question

    The first chapter of my thesis is a review of the historical underpinnings of the modern charity and philanthropy units. I have been able to make use of a great deal of literature found within the wonderful electronic halls of the Mises library. However, I have been unfortunate in my search for economic related queries and statements on charity and
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mpablazer on Fri, Jun 13 2008
  • Charity - Philanthropy and Market Economics Question

    I have become very interested in the stated premise that public charities and private foundations exist in a "3rd Sector" outside of the market system - and therefore not regulated by normal laws of economics. I am currently researching for my thesis (Master of Public Administration with a focus on nonprofit management) on the subject of nonprofit
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by mpablazer on Fri, Jun 13 2008
Page 1 of 2 (11 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options