  • Re: RP Delegate Count

    CNN says he has 10. http://www.cnn.com/election/2012/primaries/candidates/302
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Ben H. on Wed, Feb 1 2012
  • The Independent Institute on YouTube

    How many people here subscribe to The Independent Institute channel on YouTube.com? I don't know advanced economics, but they seem to have some good Austrians working there. I hope people don't think I'm spamming for them; I just thought the community would enjoy having more economic videos during the non-uploading weeks of the LvMI channel
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Ben H. on Wed, Feb 1 2012
  • Re: Will You Vote Ron Paul/LP If This Elects Obama?

    I'm either going to vote for Ron Paul or not vote at all. I'm tired of seeing the neocons claim free markets when they're really corporatists. If Ron Paul doesn't win in 2012, I hope Obama wins so the mass population can't blame "capitalism" for the continuing downward spiral. I'd love to see Robert Higgs as Ron Paul's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Ben H. on Sun, Jan 1 2012
  • Re: Free State Project info and videos

    I've been casually thinking about moving to New Hampshire, but it looks expensive: Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Manchester, NH: 119.5 (more than average, U.S. average is 100) Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Minneapolis, MN: 115.1 (more than average) Jan. 2011 cost of living index in Auburn, AL: 88.8 (less than average) Jan. 2011 cost of living
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben H. on Tue, Nov 22 2011
  • Re: GM CEO wants an increase in gas tax.

    This is one of the clearest examples of special-interest corporate welfare I've ever seen.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Ben H. on Fri, Jun 10 2011
  • Re: Ron Paul Moneybomb

    Bump. It looks like they're trying to raise at least $2 million. As of 1:17 AM central, they've raised $149,701.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben H. on Thu, May 5 2011
  • Re: Where/How to buy and sell silver

    Some of the mining companies pay dividends, so it's not all speculative.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Ben H. on Tue, Apr 26 2011
  • Re: Where/How to buy and sell silver

    Economic analysts that I follow: Peter Schiff (Euro Pacific Capital), Jim Rogers (Rogers Holdings), Marc Faber (Gloom, Boom and Doom), James Grant (Interest Rate Observer), Gerald Celente (Trends Research), Doug Casey (Casey Research), Max Keiser. There are plenty of videos of these guys on YouTube. A good book to read is Schiff's Crash Proof 2
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Ben H. on Mon, Apr 25 2011
  • Re: Where/How to buy and sell silver

    If you are going to buy coins or bars, make sure you buy bullion and not numismatic. Buying numismatic as an investment or hedge against inflation is the equivalent of buying a Duesenberg for the scrap metal. Yes, technically, you are getting the metal, but you are overpaying by a large margin.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Ben H. on Sun, Apr 24 2011
  • Re: USAA Precious Metals and Minerals Fund (USAGX) ?

    Do you have other investments? If you don't, it's probably not a good idea to put everything in the mining sector. I don't know anything about the company USAA; for all I know, they could be piggy backing on the precious metals "movement", just to get clients. I am a client of Peter Schiff's Euro Pacific Capital, and he currently
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Ben H. on Sat, Apr 9 2011
Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | More Search Options