  • Re: Why are libertarians just a bunch of white guys

    [quote user="Southern"] Environmental factors do play a role in whether someone is a great athlete or intelectual. But these factors are not just superficial. Certain environmental factors have real and permanent affects. In the example of the ethiopian having to run to school everyday will not overcome the detriment of all of the other environmental
    Posted to General (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Tue, May 4 2010
  • Re: Shouldn't Austrians make for better speculators?

    [quote user="Jonathan M. F. Catalán"] Austrian theory is useful for stock market speculation, and several traders have used an understanding of Austrian economics to their advantage (including Peter Schiff). It gives you an idea of what type of stocks are likely to grow the fastest during a boom, et cetera. [/quote] I would agree with
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Mon, May 3 2010
  • Re: Why are libertarians just a bunch of white guys

    [quote user="AaronKilleen"] This whole idea of asking why the Libertarian movement is mostly white is kind of like asking a person who is white why they are white or asking someone who isn't white why they aren't white. [/quote] Seems like legit questions to me. It was what I was trying to get at with my last post actually.
    Posted to General (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Mon, May 3 2010
  • Re: Natural Rights: What's Wrong With My Analysis?

    [quote user="Marko"] [quote]Yes, I would say that pain is infallible. Pain occurs because you are doing something, or something is happening, that will ultimately lead to injury, loss of bodily function, or death. Taste is irrelevant to this discussion because your body will soon enough inform you (through pain, again) if what you ate was
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Mon, May 3 2010
  • Re: Why are libertarians just a bunch of white guys

    [quote user="auctionguy10"] Quote bySnowflake: "Everyone's ready to admit that blacks make disproportionately good athletes, so why can't blacks be disproportionately bad at something else?" Lol because even that is nonsense. I love it when people say "oh these black people are just naturally good at basketball they're
    Posted to General (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Fri, Apr 30 2010
  • Re: So?

    [quote user="Liberté"] Your 'private, internal world' are also real objects. They are precisely states and distributions of the pattern-machine that makes up consciousness. You are the case of being a particular pattern machine. [/quote] Oh is that all we are? Wow I guess all the people working on Strong AI are just wasting
    Posted to General (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Fri, Apr 30 2010
  • Re: So?

    [quote user="Liberté"] because your notion of 'natural law' is either nonsense or irrelevant. [/quote] No they aren't. Wow assertions are fun!
    Posted to General (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Fri, Apr 30 2010
  • Re: Natural Rights: What's Wrong With My Analysis?

    [quote user="Esuric"] I know this is getting old, but I still need some clarification. Here's my position: There is an objective system of ethics which exists independently of state decrees, and it is the result of praxeological laws and physical constraints (scarcity ect). It emerges naturally from social relationships and doesn't
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Thu, Apr 29 2010
  • Re: So?

    [quote user="Marko"] [quote]I appreciate your intellectual curiosity in knowing what my theory is instead of making ad hoc assumptions as some other posters are doing.[/quote] But then the phrase 'natural rights' does have a certain established meaning so when you name it that way is it really that unreasonable to assume things about
    Posted to General (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Thu, Apr 29 2010
  • So I was responding to Liberte...

    http://knowyourmeme.com/photos/47925
    Posted to General (Forum) by twistedbydsign99 on Thu, Apr 29 2010
Page 2 of 53 (524 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options