  • Vegan Couple Faces Prosecution

    ... after their baby daughter died from malnutrition: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-1371172/French-vegan-couple-face-jail-child-neglect-baby-died-vitamin-deficiency.html Just wondering what people think about this story. Is this a crime worthy of imprisonment or some other forceful punishment, or was it just a mistake that shouldn't be
    Posted to General (Forum) by krazy kaju on Wed, Mar 30 2011
  • Re: Government Works Projects Create Jobs?

    My random thoughts on this subject: You're correct in saying that money spent by government has to be taken out of the private sector first. And you're also correct in saying that we cannot determine how many jobs would be created by government vs. the private sector. The focus shouldn't be on jobs. Given a free market for labor, the jobs
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by krazy kaju on Tue, Mar 29 2011
  • Re: Libertarian pacifism

    Eugene, voting is NOT a coercive action. Only because Hamas was voted into power doesn't justify the mass extermination of all Palestinians. Furthermore, even if we consider voting for Hamas a coercive action (when it clearly is not), then there still are other Palestinians who did NOT vote for Hamas, and thus deserve to be spared. By your logic
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Sun, Mar 27 2011
  • Re: Libertarian pacifism

    Eugene, you haven't addressed any of my points. Instead, you went on with more of your collectivist bullshit which basically states that all Palestinians are terrorists and Jew-haters - something which isn't remotely true. You say you believe in the NAP, yet you're advocating for the initiation of aggression. As a side note, this is what
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Sun, Mar 27 2011
  • Re: Libertarian pacifism

    Such an attitude is what causes people of the Arab world to hate Israel. Until Isreaelis understand this, there really is no hope for peace in the Middle East. Collateral damage isn't something that should be taken lightly - collateral damage is an initation of violence, it is no different from a thief or a murderer or a vandalist robbing you, killing
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Sun, Mar 27 2011
  • Re: Libertarian pacifism

    What you're saying simply doesn't follow. Only because Hamas was democratically elected doesn't mean that all Palestinians should be held responsible for Hamas's actions. As for Japan: 1. It's well known that US diplomats knew that Japan was seeking unconditional surrender BEFORE the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki. 2. Even the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Sun, Mar 27 2011
  • Re: Gary Johnson to announce intent to run in April 2011.

    Gary Johnson just isn't very articulate and he doesn't seem passionate about his ideas. He's also very much a "beltway" libertarian, not someone who actually stands on principle. As a whole, I just don't like Gary Johnson and I wouldn't vote for him, though he does seem better than 99.9% of politicians. I guess that just
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by krazy kaju on Sun, Mar 27 2011
  • Re: Freedom Images...

    Nope, keep this one going. It's a gold mine.
    Posted to General (Forum) by krazy kaju on Thu, Mar 24 2011
  • Re: What Was the Purpose of Going into Muslims Countries During the Crusades?

    While as a rule I don't trust the History Channel, they claim that part of the motivation for the Crusades was to divert the attention of the various warring kings/noblemen/knights of Europe away from infighting among Christians and towards some outside force, like the Muslims.
    Posted to General (Forum) by krazy kaju on Wed, Mar 23 2011
  • Re: Dictatorship

    Seems to me like Rand falls for the same kind of collectivist fallacies she was against. On a side note, how do Objectivists propose we fund their overseas adventurism?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by krazy kaju on Wed, Mar 23 2011
Page 6 of 256 (2551 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options