  • Re: Seasteading: Start Your Own Country at Sea

    How do we define "international waters"? Like whereever it floats its thier water at that time. or does it sit in one spot?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Economic Calculation Problem Debunked!??

    ERIMOS- Be honest, have you read all 8 pages of this post? I thought this thing was squashed when apfel left. We decided the ECP is real and unsolvable, and even if you could wiggle around this, you would have to completly change "human nature." try http://media.mises.org\video\MU2009\12_Salerno_MU2009.wmv ...good stuff
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Why is libertarianism morally superior?

    I would says it is superior because it respects the rights of all individuals. Not only the individuals of the elite.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Super Speed Way

    "Personally, I'm a bit confused why the public highway system doesn't allow for higher speeds than 60-75 mph. When I drive on the Autobahn, I regularly have cars passing me on my left with 120-150 mph, and Germany still has way fewer traffic accidents than the US." Same here, it doesnt make sense, especially if people are willing to
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Was Keynes pro-creditor or pro-debtor? Or was he neither?

    http://socialdemocracy21stcentury.blogspot.com/2011/04/conservative-case-for-keynesianism.html This article mentions how his policy implications were to bvenefit of debtors. But i think the whole stimulus-approach benfits debtors, because you borrow X dollars on year and 10 years down the road, it take the same amount of dollars to pay the debt, but
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Super Speed Way

    So I have been thinking about this for a while. Its an alternate highway system that runs parallel to most highways that exist now. The only difference is that this is an expensive speed way that allows very high speeds. This would function similar to fastrak in california. where you could be charged per use, or a monthly fee. This way it would be possible
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Legalize Drunk Driving?

    TO the point about states making thier own laws. My friend lives in South Carolina, and he says there is no law against an open containers. He also told me he got pulled over and he was drinking a beer. I dont know if that is legal or not, but he wasnt charged with a crime or even cited for a ticket.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Silver is Over $40 an Ounce! - 4/18/11

    Kinda. For me atleast. The SLV went uparound 2.50 yesterday! So if there is another pullback ill buy, but otherwise im just gunna hang on to my physical silver.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Sports and the state

    "I do like watching figure skating though, which guarantees me "queer" status with the local grunts despite my strong record of heterosexuality." Classic.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
  • Re: Sports and the state

    "I think Chomsky is too caught up in his egalitarian sentiment to seriously consider the amount of achievement and testosterone-releasing effects of athletic competition. " Seriously, I'm really sick of his attitude and the way my liberal college fellows quote his ideas incesently.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Bearchu. on Tue, May 10 2011
Page 6 of 17 (169 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options