  • Re: "Buying" Debt

    Thanks, Smiling Dave. That is much easier to understand than when it is called "buying debt." Appreciate it.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Groucho on Mon, Jun 20 2011
  • Re: "Buying" Debt

    Thanks for the reply. So it's like paying off the Visa with the Mastercard? In this context, Mastercard (or "B" in your example) has "bought" the debt from Visa (A)?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Groucho on Sat, Jun 18 2011
  • "Buying" Debt

    I'm new to economic study, and one thing I am having trouble wrapping my brain around is the concept of "buying" debt (i.e. the Fed "buys" government debt). For some reason I am confused by the terminology. How does this work? Does the purchaser of debt then become the debtor? It sounds that way, but I know that can't be
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Groucho on Sat, Jun 18 2011
Page 43 of 43 (423 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 | More Search Options