  • Re: Action Axiom, Free Will, and Physics

    Malachi, I'm not sure why you regard psychosis as a "scare word" or a "label" - I am certainly not calling you psychotic. It is merley a term describing a mental illness in which the sufferer cannot distinguish fantasy from reality. You are writing replies, so it would seem you think there are others who are also contributing
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Fri, Nov 11 2011
  • Re: Action Axiom, Free Will, and Physics

    [quote user="Jackson LaRose"] I do not believe that intersubjective consensus is necessarily a representation of objective reality. [/quote] Nor do I. However, I can usually discern when something is part of objective reality as opposed to my imagination. I can go for a walk by myself, encounter no one, yet be confident that my subjective
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Fri, Nov 11 2011
  • Re: Action Axiom, Free Will, and Physics

    No, it is the product of experience. If my foot falls asleep and I feel it tingling, I don't believe it is the result of invisible bugs crawling on me. Likewise, when I wake after dreaming I know what I had experienced was a dream. Generally speaking, not being able to distinguish between sensory data corresponding to external stimuli and sensory
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Thu, Nov 10 2011
  • Re: Action Axiom, Free Will, and Physics

    That's true, having an understanding of praxeology will not create information or cause anything to manifest in the real world. The point was that mentally interacting with only your own thoughts (i.e, lucid dreaming) is not unrestricted action at all - real events occuring in the external world are not experienced or affected by it.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Thu, Nov 10 2011
  • Re: Obama's Rail From LA to San Fran - Train to Nowhere?

    I take the government subway and buses and government-protected taxis all the time. I find it more convenient, safer and cheaper than driving myself in a car. I just wish it was all private; that way, I could have a meal or snacks or a drink on designated areas while on a one hour ride to San Francisco. Also, because there would be signs at every station
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Thu, Nov 10 2011
  • Re: Action Axiom, Free Will, and Physics

    How am I moving the goalposts? Controlling dreams equates to having your entire perceptual history at your fingertips. It's as close to a God as I could currently get. You are talking about little more than using your imagination. That is completely removed from the shared reality of events in the real world. Unless you also buy into the whole "astral
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Thu, Nov 10 2011
  • Re: Quick question on Economics in one Lesson

    What could be cheaper than this? http://mises.org/books/economics_in_one_lesson_hazlitt.pdf
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Groucho on Tue, Nov 8 2011
  • Re: Forget about your precious metals

    Maybe in a post-nuclear holocaust economy, but I can't imagine anyone wanting to own years-old loose tobacco, even if it was vacuum sealed.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Groucho on Sun, Nov 6 2011
  • Re: Bob Murphy

    Strangely hilarious. I'm glad to see Bob Murphy has a good sense of humor.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Sun, Nov 6 2011
  • Re: Action Axiom, Free Will, and Physics

    Nevermind crime and punishment - what about simply surviving? If you feel hunger, you seek out food. If you have an injury, you apply first aid. You must react to the events in your environment or perish. "Free will" may perhaps be an illusion, but it is, I believe, a very necessary one.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Sun, Nov 6 2011
Page 39 of 43 (423 items) « First ... < Previous 37 38 39 40 41 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options