  • Re: King Solomon

    If the largess of silver was acquired via trade with other cities (as opposed to magically created from thin air - the verse is a little vague on this), would it be inflationary? [disclosure: I'm an atheist]
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Groucho on Thu, Aug 4 2011
  • Re: Mandatory savings

    [quote user="Neodoxy"]No I'm saying that it's up to the individual to decide which is more important and which overcomes which.[/quote] How can it be "up to the individual" if it is forced ?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Groucho on Thu, Aug 4 2011
  • Re: Islam bias at LRC?

    Since he used quotes around "secularism," I think it was used sarcastically. Reading some of the Wikipedia article linked by Clayton I can see why.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Groucho on Wed, Aug 3 2011
  • Re: "We owe it to ourselves" - what is wrong with public debt?

    Here's a good article by Frank Chodorov about the immorality of buying government bonds. Bear in mind it was written in 1962. http://mises.org/daily/4922
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by Groucho on Tue, Aug 2 2011
  • Re: Question of the use of force on drug addicts...

    As long as the user harms no other person or their property, there is no libertarian justification for intervention. Besides, prohibition only e xacerbates the problem by artificially restricting supply (thereby increasing prices - and profit motive) and unnecessarily involving the criminal element in all transactions (i.e., you buy booze from Al Capone
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Groucho on Tue, Aug 2 2011
  • Re: Statists and Critical Thinking

    I've only been on these forums a short time and have noticed quite a few people who articulate their arguments very well. Being a free Internet forum, there is some noise I suppose. Why on earth would you choose to focus on that when there are gems all about?
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Mon, Aug 1 2011
  • Re: Rockwell daily on the Norway tragedy

    I think he means that the threat of violence (government) is not what maintains society, but the mutual cooperation among individuals. The last thing any government wants its citizens to realize is the State's utter superfluous (dare we say detrimental ?) influence in maintaining organized society.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Sat, Jul 30 2011
  • Re: What are you reading?

    I just received Ron Paul's "Liberty Defined" from Amazon.com... probably finish it tonight after work, then go back to trying to read Atlas Shrugged.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Wed, Jun 22 2011
  • Re: Political test

    http://www.politicaltest.net/test/result/27420/ It says I am a Liberal. :-/ I'm a newbie, so I don't know how to make the results chart display in the post (nor, apparently, do I know how to insert line breaks...)
    Posted to General (Forum) by Groucho on Tue, Jun 21 2011
  • Re: the threat of force

    Aggressive acts and constructive threats to commit aggressive acts can both be violations of the NAP. At least it seems that way to me.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Groucho on Tue, Jun 21 2011
Page 42 of 43 (423 items) « First ... < Previous 39 40 41 42 43 Next > | More Search Options