  • Re: Understanding Marxism

    The statement above that marxism is just political religion is my beleif also. marxists behave like fundementalist Christians.They refuse to accept evidence and lie constantly. It is pointless to debate them.Just try and marginalise their influence.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AaronBurr on Sat, May 14 2011
  • Re: Libertarian argument against immigration.

    It is quite logical for a libertarian to be against Immigration whilst there is a welfare state that immigrants can receive money from
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AaronBurr on Sat, May 14 2011
  • Re: Philosophy Suggestions

    You really need a good introduction to Western Philosophy. Modern philosophy comes in two flavours- Analytic -which is also known as Anglo American is highly logical. Continental philosophy is Highly subjective and mostly devoted to the spreading of marxism. It is essentially worthless. Within Analytical Philosophy the two rival arguments of Rawls and
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by AaronBurr on Sat, May 14 2011
  • Re: Animal Liberation

    Autolycos: Thank you for arguing. I think you are probably not a troll as a result. I shall answer your questions: How are foxhunting, dogfighting, harecoursing, etc. (please provide an exhaustive list) just torture for fun? Because they involve activities that are extremely distressing to animals for no morre reason than enjoyment. The number of different
    Posted to General (Forum) by AaronBurr on Thu, May 12 2011
  • Re: Anti-Libertarianism argument difficult to refute, can you help ?

    For me the argument is easy to refute.Since we don't beleive that children can make such agreements then we must assume that it is an adult woman. In a Libertarian society we can assume that no one has a monopoly on supplying food to this starving woman. As such we can confidently assume that someone else will give her a better deal.Indeed you can
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by AaronBurr on Thu, May 12 2011
  • Re: Animal Liberation

    There are some people who like to troll by never answering questions but always demanding and criticising of others.I guessed you might be one of those and your actions seem to confirm this.I am quite prepared to be wrong but a troll would certainly now try and persuade me to carry on easwering your questions without doing so himself because that's
    Posted to General (Forum) by AaronBurr on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: Animal Liberation

    Intimidated no but you said you would tell me your ethical basis after I answered your question and I have done that. I don't play the endless game where you demand answers and refuse to give them yourself. you offered a contract and I accepted. Now you are reneging. If I wanted people who don't respect agreements then I can go and debate with
    Posted to General (Forum) by AaronBurr on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: Animal Liberation

    OK But Ill take that as a contract. I don't think that killing animals for food is the same as torturing them for fun. I have always stated that if a hunter is a profficient shot or bowman he can instantly kill his prey and I have no issue with that. Foxhunting,dogfighting,harecoursing etc etc are just torture for fun. Factory farming is similarly
    Posted to General (Forum) by AaronBurr on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: Animal Liberation

    Autolycos: What is the basis of ethics ,in your view.
    Posted to General (Forum) by AaronBurr on Wed, May 11 2011
  • Re: Are there any extropians here?

    I take it then LIBERTY STUDENT That you have no evidnece for Transhumanists being 'losers' and it was just a cheap attempt at insult.
    Posted to General (Forum) by AaronBurr on Tue, May 10 2011
Page 3 of 8 (71 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options