  • Re: Positive Money - New Forum for Money and Banking Reform

    1) FRB certainly does contribute to monetary inflation (in our opinion), banks cause inflation, harmful to savers, by creating money and earning a profit themselves. If we accept that low inflation is desirable (some do, some don't), it would be better for the taxpayer to receive the benefit from creating money (those activities performed by the
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben Curtis on Thu, May 5 2011
  • Re: Positive Money - New Forum for Money and Banking Reform

    We're just an organisation dedicated to investigating this issue, our views aren't set in stone, and we encourage debate and discussion. We have a database of around 5,000 people registered to receive updates and many of them disagree with our proposals, but our main focus is on highlighting the problems with the current system, and the forum
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben Curtis on Thu, May 5 2011
  • Re: Positive Money - New Forum for Money and Banking Reform

    Those are good questions, unfortunately I don't have the time to get into a debate about this, but you will hopefully find many people to engage in this kind of discussion on our website. I'll provide some quick answers.... In the current monetary framework, inflation targets are set and implemented in a certain way, we simply seek to change
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben Curtis on Thu, May 5 2011
  • Re: Positive Money - New Forum for Money and Banking Reform

    Hi Nero, Our goal is to take a mutualist approach to monetary reform. The forum is open to anybody who would like to discuss the current fractional reserve system and all the available alternatives. Ultimately, the decision whether to inflate the money supply is taken by politicians, so for the time being, due to the divided opinions on inflation, any
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben Curtis on Thu, May 5 2011
  • Positive Money - New Forum for Money and Banking Reform

    Hello Mises, Some of you may have heard of Positive Money, a UK based NGO working on researching and advocating monetary reform. We have recently opened up a forum, please come along and say hello if you're interested in discussion. Click here to visit our forum
    Posted to General (Forum) by Ben Curtis on Thu, May 5 2011
Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | More Search Options