  • Re: Turn of the Century American Industrialists and Competition

    "In proposing the federal regulation of business, advocates of the new Hamiltonianism were quite aware of the advantages such regulation would have in shielding them from a hostile public, as well as in introducting stability and control in economic affairs. 'The leading companies should be, and I believe they are, prepared to accept the appointment
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Neil on Sat, May 14 2011
  • Re: Turn of the Century American Industrialists and Competition

    A good book that addresses what you are looking for is Gabriel Kolko's The Triumph of Conservatism: A Reinterpretation of American History, 1900-1916. For example, on page 13, Kolko writes: "Although there was a formal commitment to varieties of laissez faire economic theory in most of the academic world, big businessmen developed their own
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Neil on Sat, May 14 2011
  • Re: WTF Rockefeller funded Mises?

    Here are some preliminary observations that I was able to dig up regarding the issue of Mises being funded by the Rockefeller Foundation. I summarize my observations first and then give all the links and quotes later in this post. Keep in mind that these are all just preliminary observations; I do not have a full thesis statement or theory as of yet
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Neil on Sun, May 8 2011
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | More Search Options