  • Re: insurance should not cover pre existing conditions

    [quote user="Consumariat"]A progressive taxation system would take a portion of a person's income over a particular threshold and place it into a central pool.[/quote] There are two basic challenges for any centralised system that I'd like to discuss; Lack of experimentation, and similarly a lack of knowledge. People have traditionally
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • Re: Suicide and libertarianism

    @Anenome I don't know where you're getting the idea that an indentured servant could just end the contract and then be under the rightful protection of another entity. It's the same as declaring ones debt gone, you can't just expect to get away with that in any society, especially a libertarian one. There could be arbitration that could
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Seraiah on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • Re: insurance should not cover pre existing conditions

    [quote user="John James"] You're basically whining that almost no one has come out and stated that "water should not be solid", when there's over 20k references to people saying "water should be solid". [/quote] Not at all. It's like if someone says that all lemonade should have vodka in it, and then to continue
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • Re: Looks Like Tax Havens Are Going to Be the Next Big Target

    A certain cryptocurrency would be very handy if governments wanted to make tax havens difficult, also
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • Re: Suicide and libertarianism

    [quote user="Autolykos"] What definition are you using for "police apparatus"?[/quote][quote user="Ban-Evader"]Any police, anywhere.[/quote] Wow, we have a regular Webster over here. Was he banned for murder of the English language? Also, I don't see the big difference between a murderer agreeing to paying all of his
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Seraiah on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • Re: insurance should not cover pre existing conditions

    I agree it's an oxymoron, but when I look for "insurance should cover pre-existing conditions" I get 8,760 hits. So Google is telling me that for each person that proposes such a ludicrous idea, there's not even .1% that will respond back with the opposite? That's incredible.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • insurance should not cover pre existing conditions

    insurance should not cover pre existing conditions There, I said it. Google be damned. I looked for "insurance should not cover pre existing conditions" and I got 0 (zero) hits. I then looked for "insurance should not cover pre-existing conditions" and got 0 (zero) hits. I then looked for "insurance should not cover preexisting
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • Re: Is the nature of government to grow?

    Democracy is psychologically addictive. People desire power and a direction to life, and democracy provides the illusion of it on a sporadic basis, very similar to a gambling addiction. Most people want to exercise power over others, because resources are not being allocated in an ideal way to them, and they never will be in a free society. People identify
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Fri, Jul 20 2012
  • Re: Dark Knight Rises: Pro-Capitalist?

    I'm sure the movie will empathise with the villian (Assuming that the villain really is an extreme leftist.), because at the end of the day we are not the majority of ticket buyers in this country.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Fri, Jul 20 2012
  • Re: I am debating someone, How do I answer this question?

    The image that they portray is a ton of people working 12 hour days with little pay pumping out items that go... Where? It goes into the hands of the poor and middle class. If people worked less hours for more pay there would be less goods and the standard of living would either not rise or rise much slowlier. :) Giving people more pay and having them
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Seraiah on Fri, Jul 20 2012
Page 3 of 22 (213 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options