  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    Well, in the interest of me and the people that might read hereafter (but mostly me) I'd like to see what wasn't addressed. :) At the end of the day I think we've established that the biggest libertarian detractors have put forward the following argument: 1.) Bitcoin is not money. (It's not used alot). a.) In spite of the fact that it
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Seraiah on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: A Ditch-Digging Based Economy

    If someone trully believed that the best society is one in which the most ditches were dug at all costs then yes, you would have no argument. Instead, you should inquire what that person values and then explain why a libertarian society would provide it better than any other.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Seraiah on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Proportional punishment?

    [quote user="Hashem"] I don't think punishment can be justified. [/quote] Anything in the universe can be justified, it's called rationalization , but as Clayton pointed out there's going to be an agreement between a victim and perpetrator in order to avoid violent conflict (unresolved). You're right in that there's likely
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Seraiah on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Questioning Subjectivism

    [quote] The probelm arises is that there is no way to "reconstruct" anything sociological in any conceivable way. [/quote] That's where I fundamentally disagree. One can not only understand society and markets while including pathological behavior, but some parts of society and markets can only be explained by pathology. Trying to seperate
    Posted to General (Forum) by Seraiah on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Discriminating against Wells Fargo

    By the way, I'm not defending the injustices of the drug war that is foisted upon Blacks, or the insane way government handles immigration, but Wells Fargo is obviously going to discriminate based on what the government has done to these groups of people.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Seraiah on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Questioning Subjectivism

    Of course it's a pathology, of course it's abnormal, of course the brain is working in a very peculiar manner, but there's no reason to seperate this behavior from "human action". Pathological behavior need not, and should not, be removed from market/moral calculation. Very bizarre pathological values and goals do occasionally

    http://bottomline.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/07/12/12703799-wells-fargo-pays-175m-to-settle-race-discrimination-probe#comments So Wells Fargo recently settled its "crime" of discriminating by paying out 125 million dollars. Why? Because Hispanics and Blacks accepted sub-prime mortgages from them. Yes, the great crime of Wells Fargo was giving
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Seraiah on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="MoonShadow"] Some of you bitcoin supporters are worse than opponents. [/quote] Excel isn't a supporter as far as I'm aware, unless you're referring to someone else? [quote user="GotLucky"] And that's the problem, most people don't want it, and they don't have a reason to want it. So it cannot
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Seraiah on Thu, Jul 12 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    [quote user="Malachi"] Bitcoin is money, its just not the right money for me. [/quote] Well, I can't knock you for that, well I can, but, there's no use. haha.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Seraiah on Sun, Jul 8 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    @Malachi That's purely definitional then. You're saying that Bitcoins can't be money because money must have an industrial use. Then I guess when a cryptocurrency becomes the dominant medium of exchange we'll just be without money. When Bitcoins are as commonly used a Gold, there will be just as little risk. (Gold is not without risk
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Seraiah on Sun, Jul 8 2012
Page 5 of 22 (213 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options