  • Re: Hiroshima

    Now, come, come. Reach for the fridge, get some icecubes in a towel and place it over your head. Yes, we were talking about accusations against Jodl about which you said, you knew nothing. We obviously have a problem right there. My friendly suggestion for you to read history still stands. It is good for you as eating veggies. Don't know about your
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scaramanga on Thu, Aug 23 2012
  • Re: Hiroshima

    First of all, you should study history. it is always useful to know something about a subjet, especially when you are involved in a discussion. I may add -for your benefit- that I a am talking about the law and conventions, and not about what I think is OK to do. That has nothing to do with it. Gettiing into a discussion about morals per se is something
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scaramanga on Wed, Aug 22 2012
  • Re: Hiroshima

    Wrong. Those were decisions Hitler & Himmler reserved for themselves (I assume you are talking about the massacres in reprisal for partisan acts). Partisans can be shot or hanged as they are not lawful belligerants.
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scaramanga on Wed, Aug 22 2012
  • Re: Hiroshima

    Surely there were other germans deserving to be hang, as were scores of british, americans and of course russians who should have ended their lives swinging from a rope. I can also tell you that some like Gral. Alfred Jodl should not have been executed (accusations against him were ludicrous). In any event, the Nurnberg trial was a kangaroo court and
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scaramanga on Wed, Aug 22 2012
  • Re: Hiroshima

    The Nanjing incident? The Kuomitang fabricated the sources? I have the strong feeling that you are a "prologue" type of history reader....You need to do some serious research. Yes, some events quoted in books never happened and some being strongly denied did. That is why I recommend you dive into all kinds of sources before you make amateurish
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scaramanga on Tue, Aug 21 2012
  • Re: Hiroshima

    In my opinion, the japanese soldier was brutal and a scumbag devoid of honor and nobility, their Bushido notwithstanding. To me the defintion of a military scumbag is that who murders women, children and defensless POWs. The japanese engage in this happily and often. Why did the japanese attacked Pearl Harbour? Many ignore that the U.S. was very active
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scaramanga on Tue, Aug 21 2012
  • Re: Hiroshima

    Of course it was not necessary to drop the bomb on the two japanese cities. The only alternative cited is the hight casualty toll resulting from an invasion. This is hogwash. The real alternative was to let the japanese know that the U.S. had the "bomb" with which entire cities could be pulverized. Then drop one bomb in the ocean off the coast
    Posted to History (Forum) by Scaramanga on Tue, Aug 21 2012
  • Re: I am going to start a Das Kapital reading series here starting tomorrow.

    Marx is doubtless a "Black swan event" . My problem with him is of course not that the "Moor" (as he was called by many due to his semitic dark skin) was a filthy dude who didn't bath; or because he was an adulterer who saw it fit to routinely fornicate his unpaid maid (never got a penny for his work from the Marx family) having
    Posted to General (Forum) by Scaramanga on Sun, Jul 3 2011
  • Re: Why not just leave?

    Indonesia is composed of thousands of islands, many not inhabited. Same in the Caribbean. Who knows....if you put enough moola on the table they may consider selling one island with independence...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Scaramanga on Sat, Jul 2 2011
  • Re: The Myth that the Fed is Printing Money

    Actually, it doesn't contradict what money supply expansion means, exept for the timing. When the perception that the economy is again on the mend takes hold, - and it will- banks will shovel out money in loans and you will see the money supply take off. Ben "Kevorkian" Bernanke is right now pushing on the proverbial sring...If you have
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Scaramanga on Tue, Jun 21 2011
Page 1 of 2 (17 items) 1 2 Next > | More Search Options