  • Re: Should Freedom4Me73986 leave?

    I do notice James bringing up freedom4me in threads that had nothing to do with him. Like this one http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/28705.aspx . I know freedom hasn't answered your questions to your liking- but you've asked him enough times I don't see the point in holding onto it and instead just letting it all go. He brings his own
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Mon, Apr 2 2012
  • Re: Should Freedom4Me73986 leave?

    no I wouldn't prefer him to go live in the woods. Where's the fun in that?
    Posted to Thread Graveyard (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sun, Apr 1 2012
  • Re: The Trayvon Martin case

    [quote]Pardon my French, but that's done all the fucking time. Have you ever even seen a news report past 2003? They do it for anyone and everyone they're reporting on. They did it for virtually every major "lone gunman" (VA Tech, Norway, Columbine (yes, two guys, but you get the idea)). They did it for virtually every missing/killed
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sun, Apr 1 2012
  • Re: The Trayvon Martin case

    [quote]here was certainly no lack of pictures available. He posted pictures of himself all over Myspace. You make it sound like "oh these 4-5 year old pictures were all they had, so that's just what they used." No. My guess is that's just how far back they had to go to find a photo of him where he didn't look like a street thug
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sun, Apr 1 2012
  • Re: Property Rights and Abortion: What If Women Laid Eggs?

    [quote]Marco, the fetus is an intruder in a metaphorical sense, like a piece of wood stuck in a woman's uterus. She can remove a splinter, can't she, if she does not desire that it remain there?[/quote] Except that its not an intruder in any sort of sense at all- The fetus is created because of the woman- her body's own decision and use
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sat, Mar 31 2012
  • Re: Property Rights and Abortion: What If Women Laid Eggs?

    [quote]you do not get the "sentience" part. There is no analogy to a fetus. Fetus is simply not human.[/quote] A fetus simply is human. It also has the ability to feel sensations. I'm not getting this particular argument about how its "not" a human. I don't see any substantiation either(I'm going to go out and guess because
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sat, Mar 31 2012
  • Re: The Trayvon Martin case

    Old pictures of trayvon painting him as innocent? Its silly to call that "bad reporting". They had pictures of him, that's what they'll use- would you be more satisfied if they looked for pictures of him that you found more threatening? I don't think his twitter posts reflect that he's some badass out to hurt and rob people
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sat, Mar 31 2012
  • Re: Property Rights and Abortion: What If Women Laid Eggs?

    [quote]Here comes sentience part. Fetus is not human. your friend is. Killing fetus is not immoral. Throwing your friend into the open waters if he becomes an intruder is immoral, unless he starts agressing against you and that becomes the only possible defence at that moment.[/quote] Again the sentience argument doesn't make any sense. A fetus
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Fri, Mar 23 2012
  • Re: Property Rights and Abortion: What If Women Laid Eggs?

    [quote]The fetus becomes an intruder the moment the mother decides it is, in the same way a house guest becomes an intruder the moment his host decides he's overstayed his welcome.[/quote] The removal of a fetus from the mother's body for the purpose of its death is a bit different from removing someone from your house. Someone who was invited
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Fri, Mar 23 2012
  • Re: Property Rights and Abortion: What If Women Laid Eggs?

    [quote]That aside, if you and your friend ended up on your boat out in the middle of the ocean for some mysterious reason, does your friend thus have a right to your food?[/quote] The fetus doesn't come into the mother's body for a "mysterious" reason. It appears BECAUSE of the mother. In what way is a fetus trespassing when its existence
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Fri, Mar 23 2012
Page 3 of 74 (732 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options