  • Re: Demonization of Muslims and Islam

    [quote]Recall the recent appology for destroying Korans in Afghanistan. Official US has little trouble paying lipp service to Muslims, to accomodate them rhetorically and to acknowledge their grievances. [/quote] That "apology" is pretty standard. Hey we bombed and wiped out a village "oops- wer'e sorry". Its actually more insulting
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Mon, Feb 27 2012
  • Re: Demonization of Muslims and Islam

    [quote]That's not what I'm suggesting. There are bad apples in any ethnic or religious group. Of course there are violent Muslims and their religious beliefs play the same psychological enabling role in rationalizing murder that the Christian beliefs of the Crusaders did during the Crusades.[/quote] This sentence makes it seem like one of the
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Mon, Feb 27 2012
  • Re: Demonization of Muslims and Islam

    [quote]But to suggest that muslims are just innocent persecuted victims in all this is incredibly naive.[/quote] What does a sentence like this mean? I'm a muslim- so what am I guilty of? What reverence for violence and tendency towards it do I have?
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Mon, Feb 27 2012
  • Re: Hoppe and Afghanistan

    The taliban pre 2001 do not exist anymore. Its not a contest of "who's more statist"- the point is the US is fighting Afghan civilians- and those are the only people they are really fighting in Afghanistan. I don't buy this argument that "Well they're really focusing on the 'bad guys' and not the innocent civilians"
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sun, Feb 26 2012
  • Re: Ethical reaction to a denial of your rights

    [quote]Animals do not and very young children cannot have rights because a "right" (in contrast to a "wrong") is any course of action which you will be deemed at law to have been in the right in taking and animals and very young children cannot speak for themselves.[/quote] When it comes to humans at least- such as young children
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Tue, Feb 21 2012
  • Re: Peter Schiff schools radio host who can't resort to playing the religion card

    HIs only arugment is one or two studies that are supposed to trump the law of supply and demand. I don't think he realizes just how much employers scrutizine how much they're willing to pay for employees- even a $10hr to $11hr salary raise can be a big deal to a lot of employers. I feel like people like him have just cruised through life and
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Tue, Feb 21 2012
  • Re: Ethical reaction to a denial of your rights

    [quote]Second of all, we assign rights to humans because of sentience. Fetuses aren't all sentient. Until they are, they are merely a lump of flesh. As such, they belong to the mother (yes, sadly fathers have no say over said flesh).[/quote] Seeing as the only thing that separates a fetus and a newborn is the actual delivery of the baby- would that
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Mon, Feb 20 2012
  • Re: Ethical reaction to a denial of your rights

    [quote]For example, assuming a fetus had rights, would abortion be deemed an appropriate response to its invasion of the hosts body.[/quote] Seeing as the host's body is designed to create a baby- comparing it to a foreign parasite doesn't seem like the right analogy.
    Posted to General (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Mon, Feb 20 2012
  • Re: Luddite on Reddit - please comment!

    [quote]Are you going to force me to associate with others I don't want to associate with? Cultural marxism says race doesn't exist. Are you a cultural marxist?[/quote] I never said I wanted to force you to associate with anyone. I'm just telling you what I think of you as a person. I think you have no backbone, that yer yella, chicken, a
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Mon, Feb 20 2012
  • Re: Luddite on Reddit - please comment!

    [quote user="Freedom4me"]Give me a break. You sound like a lefty. Race exists. Racism is lying about race.[/quote] I think you missed my point. Which is, that I think you're a wuss for not wanting to associate with certain racial groups. [quote user="John James"]2) Why are you here?[/quote] He has fun being here- and I have fun
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by auctionguy10 on Sun, Feb 19 2012
Page 5 of 74 (732 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options