  • Re: Question of the use of force on drug addicts...

    Clayton: My apologies for not being clear. Is it acceptable for the government to forcibly prevent someone from using drugs if they are addicted to the substance? Maybe if it was phrased as an argument... Someone: Drugs are bad and should be illegal. Me: The individual should be able to consume whatever he wants so long as he doesn't harm anyone
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Tue, Aug 2 2011
  • Question of the use of force on drug addicts...

    I believe that all drugs should be legal. I stick with John Stuart Mill: The only part of the conduct of any one, for which he is amenable to society, is that which concerns others. In the part which merely concerns himself, his independence is, of right, absolute. Over himself, over his own body and mind, the individual is sovereign. Right on. But
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Tue, Aug 2 2011
  • Re: Amusing post.

    Schiff's point is well taken, but it doesn't hurt to buy cheap. Why buy a meal from McDonald's for $15 plus a "take-out tax" when you can get a Triple Whopper meal from BK for $8? What you choose is purely subjective, but I'd choose BK (personal fave- plus, offers a lot more for a lot less). I don't know much about the
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Mon, Jul 11 2011
  • Re: Amusing post.

    [quote user="Jacob"] Those are tech people and they won't even give the real evidence a shake." [/quote] note my signature ;) Meh, they could be worse, here's Lou Dobbs' stint of " free trade " See the next part too, hard to think that this guy wrote a book, AND speaks for probably 16 minutes without saying much
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Mon, Jul 11 2011
  • Re: Post your "political past"?

    I've always favored liberty, but never knew how to articulate it: what my views were, my philosophy etc. One day my dad told me that the best book he had ever read was an essay by John Stuart Mill called "On Liberty." So, he bought it for me and I read it. That essay hooked me into politics and liberty: the essay was such an influence
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Mon, Jul 11 2011
  • Re: Amusing post.

    What a jamoke. "The internet isn't "free" and information isn't "free" unless the creator of the information wants it to be free." I'd personally give him this link and move on. But here's my bit: The reason that there is an economy is because there is scarcity in the world. That's an objective fact
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Mon, Jul 11 2011
  • Re: Want a electronic book from the Mises Library for free? Just ask!

    Hey jaime, Unfortunately, that book by Ricardo is not available in Mises Literature. But here is a link to several ebook formats of that book. There's not a PDF, but if you want to ultimately upload this to a Kindle, there's a kindle format available and an html available if you want to read on the computer. Hope this helps!
    Posted to General (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Mon, Jul 11 2011
  • Re: The Federal Reserve has been lifted into outer space by intergalactic invaders.... what happens next?

    While I do plan on reading Rothbard in the near future, would you please explain what would happen?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Mon, Jul 11 2011
  • The Federal Reserve has been lifted into outer space by intergalactic invaders.... what happens next?

    Here's a post I saw on Yahoo! Answers the other day I haven't considered it yet, but what does happen next? This post jumps out: "If Ron Paul holds the view that abolishing a central bank is a good idea, then he is even more naive than I gave him credit for. Money has the property of collecting where there is other money. Taken to its conclusion
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ThatOldGuy on Mon, Jul 11 2011
Page 80 of 80 (799 items) « First ... < Previous 76 77 78 79 80 | More Search Options