  • Re: Argumentation Ethics is Bad Argumentation

    Correct me if I'm wrong here but my understanding of the way in which people assume property rights when they argue is based on the nature of all people. That is, in order to argue anything you must control and own yourself, your own body, as a property that you solely control. Thus it's inconceivable that any person could argue against property
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Thu, Aug 4 2011
  • Re: Argumentation Ethics is Bad Argumentation

    [quote user="mikachusetts"]My point is that the presumption of property only applies to myself and whomever I'm arguing with, and that it would not be contradictory to deny property based ethics to anyone who is outside of our conversation.[/quote] Except that the principle is extensible to any person that could argue, ie: all people.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Anenome on Mon, Jul 18 2011
Page 226 of 226 (2252 items) « First ... < Previous 222 223 224 225 226 | More Search Options