  • Re: Funny how nobody mentioned this about bitcoin...

    "...for unverified customers." "...for unverified customers." "...for unverified customers."
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Anenome on Fri, Mar 22 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    [quote user="rosstaylor"] @Anemome - thank you for answering my question.[/quote] Np :) [quote user="rosstaylor"]I am quite new at this bitcoin stuff, and I am thinking about purchasing some. I was looking at Mtgox Exchange, do you think that's reputable and trustworthy? It appears to be the biggest one out there, with the most
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Fri, Mar 22 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    "Would bitcoin raise in value if multitudes of people decided to purchase it in times of high inflation?" Yes. It would raise in value simply if there was inflation, since its supply is limited and your unit of account is inflating, changing the relative ratio and thus forcing a value gain of the supply-limited asset. But if it also drove
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Thu, Mar 21 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    "How is market cap being determined, kind of like a stock? Is it just number of bitcoins times current price in dollars?" Yes, and today it pased $650m, high of $62 settling back down to $58 and subsequently rising to $59+ right now.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Tue, Mar 19 2013
  • Re: *** March 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    When libertarians one day gain political power...
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: *** March 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    "Yet another reason to hold savings in physical metal. No intentional or unintentional deduction from one's account like can happen with a bank." Except when Nixon made gold ownership illegal. When it comes to protecting wealth from government decree, bitcoin beats even gold. With a brainwallet, your money is held securely literally in
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    I don't see any reason for the fee structure to change as things stand now.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Sun, Mar 17 2013
  • Re: *** March 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    State-sanctioned robbery: Euro Group decides to take 6.75-9.9% from citizens savings accounts to rescue Cyprus.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Sat, Mar 16 2013
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    Bitcoin offer several features of clearly superior utility over other mediums of exchange for online purchase. It's about 3-4% cheaper to take an online order in bitcoin, due to not having to pay Visa or Mastercard. This represents a 50 - 100% profit margin increase for many small retailers. Also, they have no risk of chargebacks associated with
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Sat, Mar 16 2013
  • Re: *** March 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanlewis/2013/03/14/if-alan-greenspan-wants-to-end-the-fed-times-must-be-changing/ http://www.forbes.com/sites/nathanlewis/2013/03/08/get-your-popcorn-ready-to-watch-the-coming-keynesian-self-destruction/
    Posted to General (Forum) by Anenome on Sat, Mar 16 2013
Page 8 of 226 (2252 items) « First ... < Previous 6 7 8 9 10 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options