  • Re: Economic Calculation Problem Question

    Well, how would the government or market use the price mechanism to determine whether a road should or should not be built? Say they're determining whether a bridge should be built between Alaska and Russia. There is no existing price to gauge whether there is existing demand for a bridge to be built, so how exactly would a private firm be able
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Tue, Aug 14 2012
  • Economic Calculation Problem Question

    I see the economic calculation problem (ECP) referenced an awful lot and I'm not entirely sure it is used correctly. For example, I was reading through a debate over government vs market provision of roads and someone referenced the ECP as to why government could not provide roads efficiently. They claimed the government could not effectively determine
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Mon, Aug 13 2012
  • Re: Increasing money supply = inflation?

    In order for this to be possible the increase supply of money would need to be stored under people's mattresses (or something similar). Why was this the case?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Mon, Jul 23 2012
  • Re: Supply side economics?

    John James The evidence posted in the links points to higher total tax rates not impeding job growth. So then does the question whether to redistribute become purely a moral rather than economic one?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Sat, Jul 21 2012
  • Self Ownership and Incarceration

    I do not see how someone who believes in incarceration can also believe in the concept of self ownership. The ownership of one's body is by definition inalienable yet when an aggressor commits a crime we agree they must be incarcerated. How can an individual simultaneously believe in self ownership while agreeing to forfeit an aggressor's right
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Sat, Jul 21 2012
  • Self ownership and incarceration

    can someone lock this thread, i realised i posted it in the wrong forum
    Posted to Newbies (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Fri, Jul 20 2012
  • Re: Supply side economics?

    What is the Austrian view on 'trickle down' economics? Aside from moral arguments, what negative consequences would redistributing more income from higher to lower wage earners have (assume for argument's sake it is a closed economy)?
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Fri, Jul 20 2012
  • Re: Bilderberg Members Discuss Killing Ron Paul

    Alex Jones is a self-confessed zionist and most likely a disinformation agent.
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Tue, Jun 5 2012
  • Justification for easement?

    How could the use of someone's property (assuming they acquired it through just means) without their consent ever be justified? Would you consider someone buying up property around your house an act of aggression? What if they happened to do this by mistake?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Sat, Jun 2 2012
  • Recommended non-libertarian forums?

    Does anyone here browse any forums which have a range of ideological viewpoints? I'm not talking about places like Revleft but forums where there are libertarians, progressives, commies, conservatives and where there are some good dicussions and debates. I often find that sticking purely to forums/blogs of your own viewpoint can only go so far.
    Posted to General (Forum) by The Bomb19 on Fri, Jun 1 2012
Page 1 of 4 (40 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | More Search Options