  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    Not too mention traditions were once new, and they replaced older traditions. All of which were fabricated by individual MEN based on their subjective inputs, it all comes from praxeology.Besides, there is a reason why your comment is a blatant logical fallacy. The statement itself is lunacy, it is a clear visual representation of a nonsensical statement
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    Apparently it's not only scineram making one line posts. He just happens to fall in the unfortunate intersect of the sets "does not ramble" and "disagrees with the orthodoxy".
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    This is really too much, it sound like hayekianxyz just created a rhetorical parallel to my pro-market argument, replacing the word markets with "institutional context forces". Amazing. The "Institutional context" is nothing more then the current playing field of the market. It's just another way of looking at "Markets"
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    Anarchy = lack of rulers Anarchy != lack of the rule of law As has been pointed out, none of this is relevant because anarchy simply wouldn't be sustainable. Like it or not, anarchy isn't a feasible option right now, if you want to make the case that we should make various choices at the margin to cut the state back, I'm with you there.
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism Books

    I guess Steve jobs was a charlatan when he thought people would buy his ipad, silly conspiring fool. Thing is, your average entrepreneur isn't Steve Jobs, or even close. Your average entrepreneur is now working for somebody else after his business was forced to shut down, his idea just wasn't as desirable as he had thought it to be. And that's
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Now I get all the animosity directed towards CATO

    Why so? I can tell you that I've personally met quite a few, people who are for example very racist and turn to the idea of property rights as a refuge for their views. Usually you can tell them and other such types apart from actual libertarians because when other property right issues come up, like the right to smoke in a restaurant, all of sudden
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Greg Mankiw

    Amazing. And I though that saying that a market failure is when the market does not respond as a keynesian model spects was a bad joke. What? "Keynesians" think money is non-neutral.
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: General Preaching.

    Does it matter that it's 50 years old? Insofar as it's likely to miss a great deal of the contributions since, yeah it is. This is nothing against Mises, if he managed to Not sure if mainstream econ uses "all sorts" of newer maths, apart from game theory, as far as I can tell, even advanced General Equilbrium theory uses techniques
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: General Preaching.

    @ Daniel Because strawmen of the way to go, right? I don't think I ever said "the newer the better", just that I know Mises was good and all. But did he really manage to foresee advances made 50 odd years after he died? Perhaps he did, I remain to be convinced.
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
  • Re: Speaking Up in Class? Yes or No?

    Save your breath, and the added stigma of being "that guy" that holds up class. Hayekianxyz "likes" this.
    Posted to General (Forum) by hayekianxyz on Thu, May 27 2010
Page 1 of 463 (4622 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options