  • Re: Philosophical Dilemma

    No, it is a failure of the homeless person. Security is a scarce resource, not a right. The market allocates scarce resources efficiently. In all reality, there is no profit in murdering the homeless anyway and law enforcement cannot act until the murder has happened, so I dont see what you are driving at. People have human rights regardless of whether
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Malachi on Sun, Sep 25 2011
  • Re: Philosophical Dilemma

    The response is that someone sees this happen, and cries their little eyes out, and wants to fix the problem. But because there is no nanny state to run to, they actually have to do something themselves, and they start a charity to take care of old people. They go door to door asking for donations. They get a surprising amount of donations. People say
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Malachi on Sun, Sep 25 2011
  • Re: I need clearing up on the labor theory of value

    Look dude, value exists in the human mind. It doesnt have any external manifestation besides individual actions. Between the objective and the subjective lies the inter-subjective. The economic decisions of the market participants define the price of a good or service, and they base those decisions on subjective notions of value. Marx had to figure
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Malachi on Sat, Sep 24 2011
  • Re: I need clearing up on the labor theory of value

    As I understand it, the basic concept in the labor theory of value is that man-hours are fungible. A pair of boots is worth 30 hours of wages because if I had to make my own boots, it would take me 30 hours, assuming I had been born under the same star as someone who learned a skill like bootmaking. And when new means of production make the price go
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Malachi on Thu, Sep 22 2011
  • Re: Rhode Island Threatened With Invasion?

    http://books.google.com/books?id=1e23fkBkOgQC&pg=PA48&lpg=PA48&dq=rhode+island+ratification+%2Bembargo&source=bl&ots=wtNCYh166k&sig=hZE7_rhXm5cWPjFqx7Nt8q4vf9s&hl=en&ei=QNV7ToLNB4fpsQLAufGsAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=1&ved=0CCsQ6AEwAA#v=onepage&q=rhode%20island%20ratification%20%2Bembargo&f
    Posted to History (Forum) by Malachi on Thu, Sep 22 2011
  • Re: Online debate with schoolmate in Govt. class

    <<<Capitalism and Communism share a flaw: although they work amazingly well on paper, in practice they break. Neither economic theory took into account human nature. Neither greed, nor any other emotion was addressed in these theories. Only taken into account were the facts of the distribution of wealth, the ownership of property, and the mechanics
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Malachi on Wed, Sep 21 2011
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    There most certainly are truths that cannot be proven, see Kurt Godel and his Incompleteness Theorem.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Malachi on Wed, Sep 21 2011
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    The origin of the biological trust can be described from several points of view. First, it is useful to recognize its utility. Human offspring is unable to do anything to sustain existence for a period of years, and gradually assumes native ownership as he or she becomes more able, however without a faithful trustee, this would not be possible. Therefore
    Posted to General (Forum) by Malachi on Wed, Sep 21 2011
  • Re: The right to have sex - at what age?

    The answer to the question is the Biological Trust. Assuming that the procreative adult humans were both consenting, they bear equal responsibility for raising the offspring. The biological trust terminates over a period of time, as the child gains the ability to exercise his own self-ownership rights. Running away would be executing the termination
    Posted to General (Forum) by Malachi on Tue, Sep 20 2011
Page 247 of 247 (2469 items) « First ... < Previous 243 244 245 246 247 | More Search Options