  • Re: What say you of Food Inc.

    I like the documentary, Fat Head by Tom Naughton (he's also libertarian), better than Food, Inc. It shows how the people in charge and activists campaigning for regulation really don't know any better. But I really enjoyed the philosophy behind the film about eating what is best for your body and not what some consumer advocacy group or new
    Posted to General (Forum) by solos on Mon, Mar 29 2010
  • Re: Assistance With Finding A Post

    http://mises.org/Community/forums/p/14057/299102.aspx that sounds like it
    Posted to General (Forum) by solos on Fri, Feb 12 2010
  • Re: So how does one defeat the bandits?

    I've been reading about Gary Becker on wiki and his insight into politics seems like the most realist approach (similar to agorism) to bring about real change.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by solos on Thu, Feb 11 2010
  • Re: Anarcho-Capitalism

    Agnapostate (Leviathan) says he practically wrote the Anarchist FAQ himself so it's no surprise that it says what he thinks and to him all individual anarchists believing in property rights are anti-capitalist.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by solos on Thu, Feb 11 2010
  • Re: Posting with an iPhone

    I'm not knocking the iPhone. The iPhone does everything that the iPad does and more while fitting in your pocket. If Apple's intention was to make an e-reader then I think they completely missed the point of an e-reader and should have instead bought out a company developing a color and video version of E-Ink.
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by solos on Thu, Jan 28 2010
  • Re: Posting with an iPhone

    It's just looks looks like a giant iPod touch and the interface doesn't scale as well compared to the Android OS.
    Posted to Help and Support (Forum) by solos on Wed, Jan 27 2010
  • Re: Zeitgeist

    I wish I remembered the allegory that I read in a daily blog post early last year. It said something along the lines of a doctor bludgeoning a patient stops the bleeding but hardly solves the problem or something along those lines. That's how I feel conspiracy theorists are treating Austrian economists to further their own cause. That paper by Cass
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by solos on Wed, Jan 20 2010
  • Re: Zeitgeist

    Austrian economics and conspiracies are not intertwined. Conspiracy theorists remind me of the Historical School and I guess that's why I see racists with the same world view. It's always some international Jewry private banking cabal and never the blow back from the state. edit: reply torwards Seph
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by solos on Wed, Jan 20 2010
  • Re: What is your stance on Video Games/ Movies/ Literature?

    This reminds me of an appropriate mash-up of war propaganda. I stopped watching movies last year when I realized there have not been any good films this past decade (except There Will Be Blood and No Country For Old Men ) and I was wasting my time and money. The only new movie I want to see is Inception by ChrisNolan. Video games have me asking myself
    Posted to General (Forum) by solos on Sun, Jan 17 2010
  • Re: If intellectual property was done away with completely...

    [quote user="Håkan Kindström Arnoldson"] It prevents me from writing a certain sequence of 1s and 0s on my hard drive. This is in principle no different then preventing me from typing As on a paper or breathing. [/quote] [quote user="Håkan Kindström Arnoldson"] No it just means they have scroll through some
    Posted to General (Forum) by solos on Sun, Dec 27 2009
Page 1 of 9 (82 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options