  • Gresham's Law today

    The current 1 oz. American Gold Eagle has a legal tender face value of $50 meaning it is legally equal in purchasing power to a $50 Federal Resrve Note. It is obvious that you would not go out and buy something for $50 with the gold coin. This is Gresham's Law at work, the government does not want people to use gold in every day transactions. If
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Steve1225 on Wed, Mar 18 2009
  • Fractional Reserve Banking/ Money Multiplier

    I took and passed a basic macroeconomic class in college that dealt with fractional reserve banking, but I forgot those falsehoods and errors and replaced them with Austrian Economics. I am confused with fractional reserves and how it increases the money supply. If reserve requirements are 20% and every bank has $100, then the banks will loan out $80
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Steve1225 on Fri, Dec 19 2008
  • Re: Libertarians were-- cave men

    The pro income tax groups are starting to run ads and the main theme is that cutting the tax is "reckless", which it is and I have no problem with that. It will always be too "reckless" or the economy will be in turmoil. I guess the American revolution was too reckless for some, new ideas are always reckless.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Steve1225 on Sun, Oct 19 2008
  • Gold and FDR

    I read how FDR and the government made it "illegal" for US citizens to won gold. Did the FEDS brake down pwoples doors SWAT style at gun point and take there gold, or just made it a nuisance to use it. Would I be a conspiracy theorist if I avoided putting my hard currency in a safe deposit box at my local bank in fear of the FEDS taking the
    Posted to History (Forum) by Steve1225 on Wed, Oct 8 2008
  • Re: Libertarians were-- cave men

    The article was more of a hit piece on the woman who started the petition to end the income tax. Some of the comments that people wrote supporting the income tax were good for a few laughs!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Steve1225 on Mon, Aug 18 2008
  • Re: Libertarians were-- cave men

    http://www.bostonherald.com/news/regional/politics/view/2008_08_15_Carla_Howell_s_tax_fight_pays_off/srvc=home&position=0
    Posted to General (Forum) by Steve1225 on Mon, Aug 18 2008
  • Libertarians were-- cave men

    Here in Massachusetts we are trying to get rid of the income tax. I pasted this from a person on a bostonherald.com comment page. "Not to be elitist, but I am an educated person, having spent thousands on higher education for myself. Nothwithstanding, I must say that Carla Howell and Michael Cloud s###. Are they even from Massachusetts? The Massachusetts
    Posted to General (Forum) by Steve1225 on Sun, Aug 17 2008
  • College Loans

    In your opinion, is it acceptable for libertarian/constitutionalist/small government Ron Paul supporters to accept federal college loans paid for via taxpayers, or even to go to a government run college? I read that Ron Paul did not allow his children to accept federal college loans and I have seen him bashing the department of education a few times
    Posted to General (Forum) by Steve1225 on Mon, Jul 28 2008
  • Re: UHC

    here is the debate, it is on facebook: http://www.facebook.com/board.php?uid=50180785257
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Steve1225 on Sat, Jul 26 2008
  • UHC

    I pulled this off of another forum, this one guy is really good at pulling numbers to back up how "UHC is the best policy from an economic standpoint" "Don't start in with this Ayn Rand "force" bullsh*t, I'm not going to entertain this stupidity. UHC is the best policy from an economic standpoint, whether or not people
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Steve1225 on Fri, Jul 25 2008
Page 1 of 3 (22 items) 1 2 3 Next > | More Search Options