  • Re: Does anybody here consider the Bible and Atlas Shrugged to be favorite books?

    [quote user="MMMark"]Insofar as "religious doctrine" encourages the killing of non-believers, Nielsio may be right, in the case of some religious doctrine. "Sin" seems to be a fairly common religious concept, and doctrinal proscription is frequently transformed into political punishment.[/quote] You find very little religious
    Posted to General (Forum) by Maxliberty on Mon, Apr 12 2010
  • Re: Does anybody here consider the Bible and Atlas Shrugged to be favorite books?

    [quote user="Nielsio"]This means you're claiming Catholicism is not a religious belief but a scientific belief. Can you tell me where I can read about the scientific theories it holds? What theory does have about the origin of the earth? About the flood? About dead Jesus and returning from the dead? About flying Jesus? What is the theory
    Posted to General (Forum) by Maxliberty on Fri, Apr 9 2010
  • Re: Does anybody here consider the Bible and Atlas Shrugged to be favorite books?

    [quote user="Nielsio"]Catholicism is a belief in the supernatural. Belief in miracles is an absolute obstruction towards the understanding of reality. Yes, Bob Murphy may be a great Austrian economist, but it has to be despite his beliefs described in that post I linked.[/quote] Your ignorance of something does not make others knowledge a
    Posted to General (Forum) by Maxliberty on Fri, Apr 9 2010
  • Re: Texas crash pilot left suicide note on Web site

    [quote user="Wibee"] [quote user="Maxliberty"] [quote user="Wibee"] I took it that he meant crony capitalism. There is no justification for the lives he hurt or killed. But technically he payed for the office building...[/quote] Oh really, so fighting to defend your property from thieves and thugs can not be justified?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Maxliberty on Fri, Feb 19 2010
  • Re: Texas crash pilot left suicide note on Web site

    [quote user="Wibee"] I took it that he meant crony capitalism. There is no justification for the lives he hurt or killed. But technically he payed for the office building...[/quote] Oh really, so fighting to defend your property from thieves and thugs can not be justified? The man was a soldier in the war for freedom, and sometimes soldiers
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Maxliberty on Fri, Feb 19 2010
  • Re: A Question for The Pro-Choicers on this Board

    [quote user="DD5"]What you are saying is that there is a middle ground. You were unable to defend your firm position due to its inconsistency and incompatibility with freedom. You support "murder" only in some cases... You should have ended the debate right here and there.[/quote] Just like I recognize self defense as justified homicide
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Maxliberty on Sat, Jan 23 2010
  • Re: A Question for The Pro-Choicers on this Board

    [quote user="Libertyandlife"] [quote user="DD5"] You never answered : Do you support invading France in order to compel them to outlaw abortions? [/quote] Now that's a whole different animal. A person would easily stop the murder in his own street, or fight a war in his home country, but wouldn't fight in another country
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Maxliberty on Sat, Jan 23 2010
  • Re: A Question for The Pro-Choicers on this Board

    [quote user="DD5"] So you support the murder of a baby in case of rape! Ok, I told you that the "human" argument doesn't hold water. Now even you agree[/quote] What am I saying is that there may be some cases that due to the nature of the pregnancy or the nature of the circumstances that abortion might be considered acceptable
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Maxliberty on Sat, Jan 23 2010
  • Re: A Question for The Pro-Choicers on this Board

    [quote user="DD5"]As usual, Evasion. I've addressed this. You haven't refuted anything I've said. You're just evading.[/quote] I have not evaded anything. Any discussion of what relationships human have or should have with each other requires we define the group we are speaking of. If I include one year olds in the human species
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Maxliberty on Fri, Jan 22 2010
  • Re: A Question for The Pro-Choicers on this Board

    [quote user="DD5"]This is a theological question not related to science or philosophy. It is just so typical of statists to raise questions that cannot be answered by any objective reasoning. Open another thread if you want to discuss this question.[/quote] Hysterical. Then I guess you can never claim you have been agressed against since you
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Maxliberty on Thu, Jan 21 2010
Page 1 of 124 (1235 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options