  • What is your opinion on Rand Paul these days?

    Hello, I wanted to get an assessment of what the members of this forum feel about Rand Paul and how he is positioning himself to run for president in 2012. Let me first state that Ron Paul is one of the greatest statesmen of our time. I have nothing but admiration for him and because of that I worked hard and donated money to both of his previous presidential
    Posted to General (Forum) by jrodefeld on Mon, Feb 11 2013
  • Question about the Civil War...

    Hello, I need some help in defending the libertarian position on the Civil War. I have read (briefly) Tom DiLorezo about Lincoln, but I need help in articulating the position that we hold. 1. Is there any concrete evidence that can be put forth that the North could have avoided war and the Civil War was not inevitable? 2. Are there any realistic and
    Posted to History (Forum) by jrodefeld on Tue, Dec 4 2012
  • Interpreting the Constitution.

    When I get into debates with some people and I try to make the case for a literal interpretation of the Constitution and the document being properly used to strictly limit the government, I frequently hear replies about how the founders all disagreed about the meaning of the various phrases and clauses of the Constitution, and how many of the ratifying
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jrodefeld on Sun, Aug 19 2012
  • How to make a strong case against "mixed" economies?

    Hello everyone, I like to debate people online and in real life to strengthen my own understanding of economics and poliical theory. One thing I have noticed is that many tend to view Austrians and libertarians as rigid and inflexible to the extent that we support the market economy, some call it "market fundamentalism". Now I know about Mises'
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jrodefeld on Fri, Aug 17 2012
  • I am debating someone, How do I answer this question?

    Hello everyone, I am currently engaged in a political debate with some liberal progressives on another internet forum. I am trying to hone my debating skills. However, I am looking for the best answers to a couple of challenges I am getting on certain points. Basically, I am being told that no one would have wanted to live in the 19th century due to
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jrodefeld on Fri, Jul 20 2012
  • What is the proper role of unions and organized labor in a libertarian society?

    Hello everyone, I am curious to know what you think of unions and organized labor and what role they can or should play in an organized society. I think we all recognize that there has been a lot of bad effects of (primarily public) unions, but surely there must be some role for organized labor in a libertarian society? Please enlighten me.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by jrodefeld on Wed, Feb 15 2012
  • How would you answer this question...

    I have had a number of people tell me that if we only repealed the Bush tax cuts, in a few years we would have a balanced budget and we wouldn't need to cut any spending. This is obviously absurd. But how would you reply to this? And what do you think of people who make the argument that since the economy was good in the 90s, it was because of a
    Posted to General (Forum) by jrodefeld on Thu, Jan 19 2012
  • How can we encourage production here in the United States?

    Hello everyone, This is my first post but I have been studying Austrian economics for a while now. I have a specific question to ask. Whenever the idea is brought up that if we could lower taxes and regulations and free up the market it would make corporations want to produce things domestically, people frequently say that it would ALWAYS be cheaper
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by jrodefeld on Sat, Oct 8 2011
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | More Search Options