  • Re: Stefan Molyneux responds to David Gordon.

    First he talks about UPB not existing (ok, fine!), but then he talks about UPB being "objectively verifiable" or somehow related to "objective reality". Er... sense no-makey. Behaviour isn't objective anyway, it's just... behaviour. It's a verb. Behaviour is not a "thing" (object). Behaviour is what objects
    Posted to General (Forum) by gokuju on Sat, Jul 7 2012
  • Re: A Priori Physics and Economics

    Although of course the issue with LaFreniere's hypothesis is that assuming matter is "made of" waves begs a central question. We need to hypothesize an object (shape) contoured by space (no shape, nothing) in order to explain anything. LaFreniere is stuck without any objects to begin with; what are his "waves" contoured by? Do
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by gokuju on Fri, Feb 24 2012
  • Re: A Grand Unified Theory of Light, The Atom, Gravity & Electro-Magnetism

    Some further discussion taking place, here: The Rational Science Facebook page
    Posted to General (Forum) by gokuju on Mon, Dec 19 2011
  • A Grand Unified Theory of Light, The Atom, Gravity & Electro-Magnetism

    (Apologies for the poor audio quality. It improves as it goes.) Part 1 (Problems) Intro; Cern & the LHC; A Crisis in Physics; Black Holes & 0d Particles?!; The Atom; Mathematical Physics; more... http://blip.tv/philosophy/bill-gaede-in-austria-cern-and-the-lhc-part-1-5438667 Part 2 (Solutions) Definitions; Science vs Religion; Objects &
    Posted to General (Forum) by gokuju on Mon, Dec 19 2011
  • Re: A Priori Physics and Economics

    One thought I've had recently is this: is a HOW/WHAT problem just a subset of a WHY type question? For instance: "WHY is the sky blue?" [<< implies there are blank frames requiring general explanation?] Could be rephrased as: "HOW does the sky [object] create our experience [subjective] of colour [concept]?" [<< implies
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by gokuju on Tue, Nov 29 2011
  • Re: A Priori Physics and Economics

    [My thoughts...] I'll I'd add that, as a rule of thumb, a hypothesis means the WHAT (definitions, assumptions, invoked objects/exhibits); the theory hopes to answer WHY questions (filling in the movie blanks, possible causes, motivations); which also requires answering HOW (i.e. mechanisms) especially in fields like physics. HOW would relate
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by gokuju on Tue, Nov 29 2011
  • Re: Scarce and Non-scarce goods

    In response to: How does the presence or absence of a good's consumed physical space affect its scarcity? Non-scarce goods tend to consume no space but scarce good tend to. I can think of very few exceptions here - fire consumes space but is non-scarce but ideas, images, text, techniques, etc. consume no space - unless I'm forgetting something
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gokuju on Wed, Nov 23 2011
  • Re: Anyone frequent any science or physics forums/groups

    Sorry for the necro-post but I joined almost solely because I found this entire thread fascinating and enlightening. Thanks to all who contributed and I'd be delighted to discuss the scientific method and/or physics (as opposed to math-phys) with others on this board. Let's say I'm somewhat sceptical of empiricism / a posteriori, modern
    Posted to General (Forum) by gokuju on Wed, Nov 23 2011
Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | More Search Options