  • Re: Stirring up trouble on a pro-Lincoln Facebook page

    Wow, that post was depressing. What a sicko. At least he was being consistent though and drawing the correct conclusion from his principles. Just say, "before you start killing people you love at least hear out their arguments, etc...". Of course, some people are simply not ripe for persuasion. In the end is he any sicker than the marxists
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by fakename on Fri, Mar 8 2013
  • Re: Mindless Lip-Service to Capitalism

    We are not arguing that life has any value or not, but we are saying that if you think that life has value then you should like capitalism. But it is harder to see how your description of the dog-eat-dog world would be better satisfied under freedom than under government... It is an interesting question, of whether all values can be fulfilled in capitalism
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Fri, Mar 8 2013
  • Re: Charity Not Enough?

    Let me ask: do people know he is a nazi? Is he dangerous? If one or the other is negative then I suppose the people are being difficult. I mean, kicked out by your own family members and extended family members -ouch! In that case he has my empathy.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Tue, Feb 26 2013
  • Re: Krugman: So where's the inflation?

    What do people think of alternative measures to GDP such as the Genuine Progress Indicator, or the Index of Sustainable Economic Welfare? Have there been any attempts to produce an Austrian-inspired metric of economic progress? Actually, PPR or Private Product Remaining (also available in real/nominal and per capita forms), is an Austrian measure of
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Fri, Feb 22 2013
  • Re: Free to Choose: Ford Pinto

    (1) the ford pinto was statistically no more dangerous than other cars. (2) if the co. knew about the deaths that would ensue but deemed them justifiable because it would not be above the norm, then perhaps one might question the safety standards themselves, which make people complacent when they could get more money on the market for improving safety
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Fri, Feb 22 2013
  • Re: income growth rates under democrats vs republicans

    The other data: Economic Performance under the Clinton and Bush Administrations Annual Averages Clinton Bush Real GDP Growth Rate 3.7% 2.6% Real GDP Growth Per Capita 2.5% 1.6% Unemployment Rate 5.2% 5.4% Change in Unemployment Rate -0.4% +0.1% Postwar Economic Performance before the Clinton and Bush Administrations Annual Averages Democrats Republicans
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Sat, Feb 16 2013
  • income growth rates under democrats vs republicans

    I've always wondered why democrats, who are more statist, out perform republicans in this particular economic metric. One reason might be that income grows faster under the Dems because of increased GDP measures from increased spending. Another might be that minimum wages cause people do go unemployed and so their income is not even measured, much
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by fakename on Sat, Feb 16 2013
  • Jury Duty: Is there a conscientious objection loophole? Is there a way out of it?

    This is an admitedly practical post, since I'm trying to get out of jury duty myself, but I suppose it has potential to help others too. So is there a conscientious objector clause to this or is there not?
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by fakename on Fri, Feb 15 2013
  • Re: Anti-Freedom Images

    Posted to General (Forum) by fakename on Fri, Feb 15 2013
  • The libertarian idea of freedom vs common misconceptions

    Is there any strategic or broader political-philosophic problem with the misunderstanding between what a libertarian means by "freedom" and what most people think of when they use the term? This assumes that there is a difference between how liberty is used on one hand and how it is used on the other. And I think that there is a difference
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by fakename on Sat, Feb 2 2013
Page 4 of 100 (996 items) « First ... < Previous 2 3 4 5 6 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options