  • Re: *** April 2013 Low Content Thread ***

    @Malachi Hey, we don't need hater-shaming on these boards!
    Posted to General (Forum) by BransonBow on Tue, Apr 9 2013
  • Re: "Spread the Word to End the Word!"

    I haven't looked into it, but I think people are confused as to what curse and swear words are. A curse word would be wishing something on someone ie "Go to hell." would be a curse word b/c you want something negative to happen to them. A swear word would be making a promise you don't intend to keep ie "I'll kick your ass
    Posted to General (Forum) by BransonBow on Fri, Mar 8 2013
  • Re: Leaving high school early to attend community college

    EmbraceLiberty gave the best advice. I was in your position 10yrs ago and I wish I knew I had the option of dropping out and going to community college. Instead I wasted time at alt-ed and got expelled. If you do finish HS don't go to alt-ed, it's full of slackers and deliquents and you will seriously waste your time. You'll probably get
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Sun, Mar 3 2013
  • Re: freakonomics on animal rationality

    From the article: "but do the capuchins actually understand money? Or is Chen simply exploiting their endless appetites to make them perform neat tricks? Several facts suggest the former. During a recent capuchin experiment that used cucumbers as treats, a research assistant happened to slice the cucumber into discs instead of cubes, as was typical
    Posted to General (Forum) by BransonBow on Fri, Mar 1 2013
  • Re: Concerning the Current State of the Libertarian Party and its future.

    There was no communication or support for my state party coming from the national party. The LP affiliates tend to be just discussion groups. There was a strong resistance to re-organizing and having some "top down" requirements for the affiliates b/c people were to "individualist" even though the requirements would be created by
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by BransonBow on Sun, Oct 28 2012
  • Re: Films involving anarchy?

    The 36 Chambers of Shaolin has some libertarian themes. A student becomes a kung fu master and destroys an opressive general.
    Posted to History (Forum) by BransonBow on Wed, Oct 17 2012
  • Re: What Bitcoin is

    +1 Malachi Great point using cryptography as the first non-monetary use of bitcoin. Bitcoin adopted cryptograhpy in order to function. This service was in place and "universally" valued before bitcoin could be developed and this service allows it to function as money. This is where I think the value of bitcoin lies, it's fast and private
    Posted to General (Forum) by BransonBow on Sun, Oct 7 2012
  • Re: Intellectual Property in the Arts - How to enforce?

    They can only get the music for free after I produce it and they copy it for nothing. What if I give my CD away to someone for free, or sell it in a garage sale? what's the difference between that and digital copies. When I was younger I would make cassessetes off of my friends CD's and record songs off the radio. I did not pay for these, what's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Sat, Oct 6 2012
  • Re: Intellectual Property in the Arts - How to enforce?

    What I do is sell my work and the only way my work is able to be sold is if it's protected as an idea that nobody else can just arbitrarily copy and produce. @Mike The key word is sold. You made a trade with another person, your music in exchange for money. If you did not want them to have it, then why do you sell it? I disagree that without IP
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Fri, Oct 5 2012
  • Re: Austrians Slammed for their Criticism of Bitcoin

    Whoa, whoa, whoa--the ony thing Bitcoin cannot do, ever, is inflate . Can't the algorithm be changed to allow more bitcoins?
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by BransonBow on Wed, Oct 3 2012
Page 1 of 8 (80 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options