  • Re: Solving conflicts.

    How about: "The origins of conflict and the state's inability to establish peace."? I agree with you on the origins of conflict, and Clayton makes a great point about the states interference especially in it's ability to distort reality (our customs). Again, I don't think each conflict is going to have an agreement before hand
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Thu, Sep 20 2012
  • Re: Solving conflicts.

    There are numerous things that could happen. Yes violence more than likely will spur more violence but it doesn't neccesarily need a peaceful pre-determined agreement in order to work as you stated. you're forgetting spontaneous events and the power of physical intimidation. You need to show how it can't work without a pre-determined agreement
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Tue, Sep 18 2012
  • Re: Solving conflicts.

    just a quick thought One cannot solve a conflict by using violence, because this solution is not often approved by all involved (if it is, it has first been approved of peacefully) I disagree. I'm going to use the scenario of men fighting over women b/c this is a common conflict. If I beat you up for trying to hit on my girl and you don't do
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Mon, Sep 17 2012
  • Re: How will the free-market protect women?

    Of course, you use a biased source. In another thread JJ pointed out something about this argument. It's a dis-appeal to authority. It's the research behind the study that makes the argument invalid, not where the info/funding came from. Show what's wrong with the research.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by BransonBow on Mon, Sep 17 2012
  • Re: We NEED public education, because education shouldn't be a business.

    If it was private, the poor would get shitty education, or none at all. In the future, I expect to see more homeschool and online education. The public schools in my area are beginning to offer online education and I'm not just speaking of college. This is for the area highschools. Meetup.org is allowing parents to come together and form co-op education
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Mon, Sep 17 2012
  • Re: Is school really necessary?

    My cousin got a GED. He's about 38, and he works as a janitor at a school. Why would you single out holding a high school diploma as the only quality that would impact his career path? Not only that, but the tone seems to imply that being a janitor is undesirable. I would asky, why?
    Posted to General (Forum) by BransonBow on Tue, Sep 4 2012
  • Re: Scarcity of air?

    It appears to me that air is scarce, there is only so much that exists in the atmosphere. It also seems you'd be able to own the 3 dimensional space which air is contained in, much like national air space.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by BransonBow on Sun, Sep 2 2012
  • Re: Ron Paul Special Announcement

    (because it would be a million years before NBC gives him a show). I don't know. It would pull some of the Fox News viewers.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by BransonBow on Sat, Sep 1 2012
  • Re: The Walking Dead Hierarchical Structure

    **********SPOILER WARNING********* I just finished the whole series in the graphic novels and I can tell you it is not favorable to government. Like I noted above Rick is a reluctant leader and only fills the position b/c people ask him to. All of the political leaders they meet have serious character flaws. The Governor is a psycho sadistic rapist
    Posted to General (Forum) by BransonBow on Sat, Sep 1 2012
  • Re: Abortion in a free society

    http://mises.org/Community/forums/t/28958.aspx The Super Ultimate Abortion Mega Meta-Thread. Sounds like a bad Power Rangers spin-off.
    Posted to General (Forum) by BransonBow on Sat, Sep 1 2012
Page 2 of 8 (80 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options