  • Re: The Multiplier Effect

    That is not the money multiplier. You're thinking of the fiscal multiplier. Of course that happens. No one denies that. But to say that the process results in a continuous transfer of payments ignores the fact that people the next $500 you spend is not the same as the last $500 you received. It's also not self-evident that nominal increases
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rorschach on Tue, Jun 5 2012
  • Re: Civil Rights Act question

    [quote]My question: is it actually voluntary for an employer to implement such a program, or has Hasnas simply employed poor wording, and employers are actually forced to implement such programs.[/quote] In that situation, yes, it would be voluntary. But that doesn't make the employment process voluntary. The point of that part of the article is
    Posted to History (Forum) by Rorschach on Mon, Jun 4 2012
  • Re: "prices cannot rise until full employment" - respond

    [quote user="Consumariat"] Hi, could you guys please respond to (or give links responding to) the Keynesian claim that printing money cannot cause price inflation until the economy reaches "full employment"? Who says this exactly?[/quote] Paul Krugman says this (pretty much) exactly : [quote]The liquidity trap — which is in
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rorschach on Mon, Jun 4 2012
  • Re: Looking for a Ludwig Lachmann Article

    Here on pg. 197.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rorschach on Sun, Jun 3 2012
  • Re: government spending as a percentage of GDP?

    G is only 19.5% of GDP at the present time. It's not as high as the commonly cited measures for Gov./GDP for the reason I mentioned above (transfer payments). In Q1 of 2012, GDP was $15,454.0 billion. Government consumption expenditures and gross investment was $3,018.2 billion, with $808.3 billion spent on national defense, $410.5 billion on federal
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rorschach on Thu, May 31 2012
  • Re: government spending as a percentage of GDP?

    You should realize that the 'G' number in GDP (although what you're using is GNP) does not include transfer payments (welfare, SS, etc.). That is, it doesn't include the money they just dole out without getting anything in return (except for subservience). That would cause some severe double counting. But the spending/GDP ratio is (G
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Rorschach on Thu, May 31 2012
  • Re: Is Civilization Evil?

    [quote user="Freedom4Me73986"] Cell phones: 50% increase in tumors in children Still think tech is a miracle? [/quote] ^ Child mortality rates have certainly been dropping over time, and are lowest in countries with the most technology.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Rorschach on Wed, May 30 2012
  • Re: Foodstamps Help You Eat Right. . . .

    [quote]Clayton is right. I see people buying shit food on food stamps. Watermelon, fried chicken, grape soda, diapers, alcohol . . . .[/quote] [quote user="Clayton"]Um, are you trolling? Watermelon is not shit food, diapers are not food and alcohol cannot be purchased with food stamps.[/quote]
    Posted to General (Forum) by Rorschach on Wed, May 30 2012
  • Re: 21 Year Old Shot in Display of Property Defense

    I agree with proportional punishment as a maximum, but Walter Block seems to disagree : [quote]If force is used to protect property rights, even deadly force, the owner is not guilty of the violation of any licit law.[/quote]
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Rorschach on Tue, May 29 2012
  • Re: Debating irrationality

    [quote user="Aristippus"]To put Australian wages in perspective, I can tell you with certainty that 5 years ago a 20 year old working at McDonald's (not me), made $20 an hour - well above even today's 'minimum wage'. I'm not sure how this compares to American wages, though.[/quote] Generally, low-skilled workers at McDonald's
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Rorschach on Tue, May 29 2012
Page 1 of 5 (43 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | More Search Options