  • Re: Work/Business-related reality shows

    "I thought there was a chance you were Edgar Martinez." Nope. My intials are MB. :)
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Fri, Jul 29 2011
  • Re: Work/Business-related reality shows

    But no mention of me!!! Boo hoo!!!! :)
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Thu, Jul 28 2011
  • Re: Disney World

    There are reasons Disneyland and Disney World are where they are. Forget about them being 'at the far ends of the country'. Disneyland was built there because it was close to the Disney Studios. Simple as that. Hollywood was more or less the center of film production at the time. Florida was chosen as its a popular vacation destination (Detroit
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Tue, Jul 26 2011
  • Re: Work/Business-related reality shows

    Some other shows I was thinking of. (as mentioned) There are the several house flipper shows. Some are interesting. There have been some negative things found out about some of the shows (or at least some of the people involved in those shows, some of which have been dropped because of it). The Montelongos of "Flip This House" never impressed
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Tue, Jul 26 2011
  • Re: Work/Business-related reality shows

    Am more interested in a discussion on the free market/business lessons from these shows, then listing all these shows. the shows on buying abandonded storage lockers are interesting (there are a couple out there on a couple of networks), but very little business lessons. Its more of gambling. Is there stuff there they can sell, but how is this a lesson
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Fri, Jul 22 2011
  • Work/Business-related reality shows

    Of late, I've noticed that I have been watching several work/business related reality shows. I don't watch them religously, but if they are on and I don't like anything else, I watch them. I find it funny I don't see much commenting of them on Mises.org on the blog or the like. Most of them show people working hard (work ethic and all
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Wed, Jul 20 2011
  • Re: H. L. Mencken book

    Oh, there is a Second Chrestomathy. It was planned by Mencken, but unfinished when he had a stroke, and was later put together from what was planned. So there is that as well.
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Tue, Jul 5 2011
  • Re: H. L. Mencken book

    I thought his magnus opus was "The American Language". There is the "A Mencken Chrestomathy", which is his selection of his best works. Library of America has reprinted his "Prejudices" in 2 volumes. I haven't read a lot of Mencken, but always enjoyed his "Devil's Dictionary". Dover Books published it
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Tue, Jul 5 2011
  • Re: Books to stay away from

    ""To be fair - if you are looking for the "plumbline view" of the LvMI to see what it is about - there are books to suggest to stay away from: stuff like Reisman, Hayek, Lachmann etc - wether these people be right, wrong, or misunderstood some of their work probably aren't in the "mainstream" to what LvMI is trying
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Mon, Jun 20 2011
  • Re: What is a Monopoly?

    For me, a "monopoly" exists when there is but ONE source for a particular type of product, usually within a certain market. Type of product maybe something like: music players, groceries, liquor, aluminum, etc. Market could be a community or a nation. Natural monopolies are rare. But they do occur. Typically the market for the product has
    Posted to General (Forum) by MB on Fri, Jan 28 2011
Page 1 of 13 (121 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options