  • Re: What about the employees rights?

    [quote] I know that the minimum wage generates unemployment, because many aren't able or don't want to pay the minimum wage for some of their employees, but the big question is, wouldn't employers abuse the lacking rights? Wouldn't we go back to the times of the first Industrial Revolution where labor conditions were precarious and inhuman
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    [quote] you have been much less willing to discuss the actual examples and what they mean. [/quote] So far in this topics I've mentioned or briefly discussed the economics of: - bank robbing, - contract killing, - cart theft, - air polluting industry And on the other topic I've addressed loan-sharks and bookmaking mobster enforcement, slavery
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: Consumer theory proves that P=NP?

    [quote user="Wheylous"] I've also thought about how much time people choose to use in making decisions, since time itself is something to be economized. Therefore, you ration your amount of time you want to spend on matching up your means to your ends. [/quote] Yes. But the algorithm that solve's in optimal time is not necesseraly
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    [quote] He is old and settled in his ways. He knows all the answers because ten years ago he was as smart as Malachi.[/quote] I'm 27. Not that old overall, but as old as Methusalah compared to the average user here, who writes like a high school dropout (and reads even worse). I don't know Malachi's age, but his opinions, the structure of
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    [quote] it was less costly to keep slaves, haha, ok why? why didnt the slaves just leave? could it be that, due to ideology, there was no local place to go? could it be that these slaves were taught that slavery is a normal part of society, being conditioned to accept the phenomenon? could it be that the rest of the people were also conditioned to support
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    [quote user="malachi"] can you give me examples? what were the slave owning cultures and what were the non-slave owning cultures they outcompeted?[/quote] Yes. Basically every major civilization that existed before the consolidation of the British Empire in the 18th-19th centuries. Mesopotamia, Egypt, Phoenicians, Hebrews, Cartagenese and
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    [quote user="Malachi"] any reason for your reluctance to discuss those certain circumstances? [/quote] Who's being reluctant? The circumstances under which slavery is a good industry are quite well known. But I can repeat them here: Relative concentration of military and organizational technology by an elite group, relative abundance of
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    [quote user="Malachi"] no need to be afraid, I understand these concepts quite well. youre the one who needs help, in fact even Smiling Dave tried to educate you but for some reason you arent interested in the actual facts pertaining to the examples that you referred to. perhaps thats also part of the reason you cant seem to talk about slavery
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Thu, May 2 2013
  • Re: Raw red meat: good idea or bad?

    Regarding tapeworm risks, pork is riskier than beef which is riskier than horse meat. You should never eat raw pork though, because the risk of ingesting worm eggs is high, and these can get into your blood stream and install in your brain, where they hatch into brain eating larvae and can induce madness. In any case, you shouldn't eat meat from
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Re: Consumer theory proves that P=NP?

    In any case, your insight is somewhat in the right direction. It is not the individual brain who solve the NP-hard problem of individual optimal consumption. But in larger scale, the market price system provides an online dynamic-programing pseudo-optimal solution to the economic problem of resource allocation, and it's able to do it due to it's
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Wed, May 1 2013
Page 5 of 37 (367 items) « First ... < Previous 3 4 5 6 7 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options