  • Re: Consumer theory proves that P=NP?

    People do not solve the problem exactly* when they decide what's to consume, they stop at a suboptimal solution, because the cost of computing the very optimal solution soon becomes greater than the benefit expected froma actually finding it. It's actually a very deep notion, it's called "satisficing", a port-manteau of satisfy
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Re: Defence in anarchy

    I'm perfectly aware that you want to reserve the word profit to the economic outcomes of peaceful/voluntary interactions. And I'm telling you that profit is the difference between revenue generated and cost incurred by an operation, to those running the operation, and not to all the third parties who might have windfall gains or bear external
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    [quote user="Smiling Dave"] And you know they are useless without actually reading them. I might read some day when I'm feeling game for some revisionist bullshit. To quote your earlier words, "That comes only to show how much our ideological predispositions can impair our reading skills.' Anyway, my last post on this subject

    [quote user="vive la insurrection"] @TA: Do you think what you are saying plays into what peter leeson was talking about when he says "effecient institutions are context dependent? [/quote] I don't know, maybe. I would need to read his argument, but the notion of context dependency is really key here. [quote] If so, I think you are
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    [quote] You didn't actually read them, did you?[/quote] Just the last one, I'm not opening useless pdfs. [quote] You wrote, "slavery was a staple of all great civilizations." The links show that to be TIBO.[/quote] Oh really, that might be insteresting. I might read some day when I'm feeling game for some revisionist bullshit.

    [quote user="Smiling Dave"] Far be it from me to defend Malachi, but what Toxic wrote is TIBO [= True In Bizzaro-world Only]. http://mises.org/journals/lar/pdfs/3_2/3_2_1.pdf http://mises.org/journals/rae/pdf/RAE7_2_2.pdf http://www.lewrockwell.com/dilorenzo/dilorenzo29.html One thing I learned here. With the exception of Smiling Dave, the
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    Well, I'm afraid it's you that do not understand what comparative advantages (and many other concepts you've been dabbling with) are. Not because you're "too dumb" to understand it. As I've said, I believe you are a somewhat smart kid. But like many others smartass kids that start reading about libertarianism and suddenly
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Wed, May 1 2013
  • Re: Raw red meat: good idea or bad?

    Here in France they eat a lot of tartare and carpaccio. And if you ask for a steak "cuisson bleue" it is basically raw meat that you'll be getting. Raw horse meat is better than raw beef. You should not eat raw pork nor raw fowl though, it's dangerous.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Tue, Apr 30 2013
  • Re: atlas shrugged and technology

    [quote]so i have started to read atlas shrugged, right now i'm at a point where characters depend on technology that does not exist, is this a good way to show a alturnative to what we have now? galt's gultch depends on forms of technology that we don't even have to run energy and create defence, two crucial aspects of living.[/quote] This
    Posted to General (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Tue, Apr 30 2013
  • Re: The Question of Choice...HELP!

    As I've said, you have no idea how much you and pretty much everyone else born in modern western civilization were insulated from the complexities of life in general. You take for granted institutions and conventions that have no more than 200 years of existence, and that were valid for no more than a fraction of mankind during this time. Well,
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by ToxicAssets on Tue, Apr 30 2013
Page 6 of 37 (367 items) « First ... < Previous 4 5 6 7 8 Next > ... Last » | More Search Options