  • Re: Is Michael Shermer really even a Libertarian?

    He tweeted this: [quote]Ha! I have been denounced by a libertarian group for suggesting even the mildest of gun controls on assault rifles. http://t.co/GL213X3B [/quote] "Mildest of gun controls"... yeah, I wouldn't vote for this guy!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Josh C on Sun, Aug 5 2012
  • What Caused the 2008 Bubble to Burst?

    I'm a bit confused on why the bubble that put us in this current recession had burst so rapidly. In my understanding of the ABC, the bubble bursts when interest rates go up, but interest rates went up slowly and before the bubble imploded. It looks like it should have been a gradual burst from 2004 to 2006.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Josh C on Sun, Mar 18 2012
  • Re: Murray Rothbard on abortion

    [quote user="RothbardsDisciple"]To be more general, the person is inalienable, as an extension of the will.[/quote] So your will controls your body, so your body is an extension of your will, and therefore it's just as inalienable as will? Isn't all property that is acquired through labor or voluntary trade the extension of the will
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Josh C on Tue, Feb 14 2012
  • Re: Murray Rothbard on abortion

    [quote user="RothbardsDisciple"]Josh- The issue here is that you are not seeing the fetus as a parasitic invader, hence initiating a grave degree of force against the mother's body by coercively leeching off the host. I note body because that is where the difference between the alienability of property and the inalienability of person
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Josh C on Mon, Feb 13 2012
  • Re: Murray Rothbard on abortion

    [quote user="JackCuyler"] Josh, You're missing Rithbard's point that rights (the obligations of others to refrain from aggression) are aquired at birth. If you assign rights to those Rothbard does not, it's likely you will disagree.[/quote] This is his view, but makes no argument for it because, as he admits, there is absolutely
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Josh C on Mon, Feb 13 2012
  • Re: Murray Rothbard on abortion

    Rothbard's position on child neglect was backed up with substantial logic. He outlined two principles: (1) Person A being helpless does not entail that Person B is responsible for Person A, and (2) Person B being the creator of Person A does not entail that Person B has a responsibility to provide for Person A. This is following strict voluntarist
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Josh C on Mon, Feb 13 2012
Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | More Search Options