  • Re: (Semi-)Official Mises.org EPUB Release Topic

    FIrst of all, congratulations. This is a well-deserved hire. On the topic of freely available books, it'd be nice if we could get some of the online versions of books by Julian Simon into EPUB format. I'd also love to see the books of Richard Mitchell in a quality EPUB format, but as he's merely a fellow traveler in certain circles it's
    Posted to General (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Thu, Apr 11 2013
  • Re: Gary North, Ron Paul curriculum, and The Skeptical Libertarian blog

    Whenever The Skeptical Libertarians are brought up, this line from Rothbard immediately comes to mind: One of the things that strikes a person who first encounters Modal Libertarians is their surpassing rudeness, their overwhelming boorishness, their total lack of manners. It is libertarians, and only libertarians, who will call you up, as a perfect
    Posted to General (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Tue, Apr 9 2013
  • Re: "Why isn't the Minimum Wage $22?" - Our Lord and Savior Elizabeth Warren

    She didn't measure anything, that's kind of the point. Some study claimed there was an increase in the average worker's productivity since 1968, and with that in mind she made the erroneous assumption that workers at the minimum wage level contributed at least as equally (if not more) to that rise in productivity as other workers in the
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Sat, Apr 6 2013
  • Re: Is Rock and Roll Dead?

    [quote user="Aristophanes"]BLUES is the foundation for rock not jazz.[/quote] Perhaps you should read into the history of rock. Many of the earliest rock n' roll musicians credited rhythm and blues and jump blues, which came more out of the ragtime/swing/boogie woogie lineage than the traditional folk blues. Louis Jordan and the Tympany
    Posted to General (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Tue, Apr 2 2013
  • Re: Low Content FAIL Quote Thread

    "By continually advocating for the freedoms that benefit rich white dudes most first and foremost, we lose legitimacy in the eyes of people who care about other victims." -- Cathy Riesenwitz, commenting on the "Freedom in the 50 States" report Bad assumptions, bad reasoning, bad grammar...it's got it all.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Mon, Apr 1 2013
  • Re: mises.org article on marriage

    That doesn't look like the one, Meistro. Horwitz said the article was something about marriage licenses specifically being instituted in the U.S. during the early 1900s as a racist (eugenic) act. I have never seen such an article at mises.org that I can recall.
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Thu, Mar 28 2013
  • mises.org article on marriage

    Don't know if any of your follow Steve Horwitz on Facebook, but he has had his panties in a bunch for the past two days about an article he says is/was on mises.org about the history of marriage and that it completely misrepresents the truth. He has not actually said which article it is, nor has he produced a source link. Does anybody know which
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Wed, Mar 27 2013
  • Re: Steubenville Case/Rape Culture

    [quote user="gotlucky"]Your entire post was uncharitable to everything I had said. In fact, it appears like it was actually a deliberate [sic] misrepresentation.[/quote] Actually it was a pretty accurate representation of what you said, you just said some things that were plain dumb to say. [quote user="gotlucky"]I can't understand
    Posted to General (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Mon, Mar 25 2013
  • Re: Steubenville Case/Rape Culture

    Wow you went from rational argumentation to overreactive ad hominem in the blink of an eye. Good showing, gotlucky. Seriously, do you take medication of some kind? Every one of your responses today in this thread have been almost completely off your norm. [quote user="gotlucky"] The sniffles are not a fever, for which you could possibly have
    Posted to General (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Sun, Mar 24 2013
  • Re: Steubenville Case/Rape Culture

    [quote user="gotlucky"] [quote user="baxter"] 2. Apparently the law says touching someone who is "impaired" is rape. What if they have 1 beer? Or what if they have the sniffles? Isn't that "impaired"? [/quote] You full well know that the sniffles does not have anything to do with impairment. [/quote] First
    Posted to General (Forum) by myhumangetsme on Sun, Mar 24 2013
Page 2 of 22 (217 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options