  • Running, the State, and Liu Xiang

    A few months ago, at the urging of a friend, I abandoned my bike-riding routine in favor of running. This was a fortuitous decision; I am now in much better shape and stand to make much more improvement still. Over the course of the past several months I have learned what to do and what not to do when it comes to running. Often I ignored conventional
    Posted to Fragmented Obsessions (Weblog) by Michael Lawrence on Mon, Aug 18 2008
  • City of Denver prepares concentration camp for Democratic National Convention protesters

    The government loves the opportunity to arrest people. Ever see those guys on the TV show COPS? They think they’re doing us good when they arrest some dude who was going 7mph over the speed limit and just happened to have a small joint of marijuana in the back seat of the car. The City of Denver is getting in on the act now, too. (I wonder if
    Posted to Fragmented Obsessions (Weblog) by Michael Lawrence on Wed, Aug 13 2008
  • Land of the Free, or Home of the Slave?

    New York's robotic Mayor Michael Bloomberg is in the news peddling a new government surveillance program which is being introduced in New York City. Honestly, this is ridiculous. And don't give me the speech about safety. The Revolutionary War was not won by making people feel safe. In any case, I would rather be dead than a serf in an inflationary
    Posted to Fragmented Obsessions (Weblog) by Michael Lawrence on Tue, Aug 12 2008
  • Naomi Klein's book on the Shock Doctrine

    A few months ago a dear friend bought me Naomi Klein’s The Shock Doctrine . I think he knew that parts of this book would resonate with me, and they do. What the U.S. government and the CIA have done to promote “freedom” is despicable. The problem is that Klein is not doing a very good job of distinguishing and is painting the crusades
    Posted to Fragmented Obsessions (Weblog) by Michael Lawrence on Tue, Aug 12 2008
Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | More Search Options