  • Re: Permanent Keynesian Refutation Thread

    Was this a person who knows anything about economics who told you this? No. Just a standard liberal. I think his standpoint was that because the current crisis is primarily one involving private debt (even if government policy caused the environment in which that debt was encrued), imposing austerity just means that the people who were dependant on
    Posted to General (Forum) by doubtingthomas on Tue, Apr 3 2012
  • Re: Permanent Keynesian Refutation Thread

    I was told recently that austerity causes a death spiral, because it disincentivizes spending, and encourages saving, which retards the consumer spending that is needed to pick up the economy. When people's benefits are cut, they aren't willing to spend as much, so businesses suffer. The person I was talking to then said that more spending is
    Posted to General (Forum) by doubtingthomas on Mon, Apr 2 2012
Page 1 of 1 (2 items) | More Search Options