  • Re: *** May 2012 low content thread ***

    @ FunkedUp [quote]I always tell people that there are two things that make up this de-facto religion of the state: neoclassical synthesis (economics) and critical theory (sociology).[/quote] I agree. I have begun reading about critical theory, I'm not yet comfortably making any strong statements about critical theory yet, however it doesn't
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Serpentis-Lucis on Fri, May 4 2012
  • Re: *** May 2012 low content thread ***

    @ FunkedUp I'm no expert on Critical Theory, I have only done some reading on it, so I ask forgiveness if my questions sound stupid. What is so wrong with Critical Theory? Can you explain the link between left libertarianism and critical theory? Can you explain why it is so bad to "be under the spell of critical theory"? I see left and
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Serpentis-Lucis on Thu, May 3 2012
  • Re: Need some serious and thoughtful advice

    This is to address your 1st problem. I find that it is best to be subtle in regards to what my opinion really is on the important issues. If someone asks me my opinion on politics for instance I wouldn't tell them that I am a market anarchist, I would just say that I find politics boring or something along those lines. It is important in real life
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Serpentis-Lucis on Sat, Apr 28 2012
  • Re: Left wing parties better for economic growth

    @ bloomj31 It's true that not all conservatives are "defenders of the status quo", generally speaking though, conservatives are usually less open to change. The quotes in the original post fails to properly define conservative and liberal so we can't fully know what they mean. Assuming for a moment they mean fiscal conservative vs
    Posted to General (Forum) by Serpentis-Lucis on Wed, Apr 25 2012
  • Re: Left wing parties better for economic growth

    I've been lurking for a while and finally decided to sign up to the forum. Since I'm terrible at introductions i'll just jump right in. In response to the original post, from a psychological stand point the fact that liberal parties have better economic growth isn't that controversial, conservatives are usually against change. One would
    Posted to General (Forum) by Serpentis-Lucis on Wed, Apr 25 2012
Page 17 of 17 (165 items) « First ... < Previous 13 14 15 16 17 | More Search Options