  • Re: Dissecting the single-payer healthcare system

    [quote]Presumably it makes it a crime for you to pay another person to administer health care to you. Utterly disgusting. [/quote] As far as I know, this is true. It has to be; it must be illegal to provide or bid for care not sanctioned and through government.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Tue, Apr 16 2013
  • Re: Dissecting the single-payer healthcare system

    [quote]Silly question, but is single payer basically similar to a school voucher system?[/quote] I don't think it's a silly question; I suppose it is similar to a school voucher program. Single-payer means only one entity pays, or in other words is the customer, for health care, and that entity is the government. Everyone would receive the same
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Tue, Apr 16 2013
  • Dissecting the single-payer healthcare system

    So, today I received an envelope from an activist group that wanted me to sign a petition demanding the criminals in DC give us and force onto us a single-payer healthcare system. I normally just toss these types of things out, but I decided to take a peek at what they sent me. I got a "fact sheet" (that, as it turns out, contains few facts
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Tue, Apr 16 2013
  • Re: Robert Wenzel (if that is even his name), the pro-IP plagiarist liar

    That's awesomely hilarious! I wonder what Stephan truly thinks about this, and I wonder how Robert/Raymond will react to this.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Mon, Apr 15 2013
  • Re: The Murder Clinic: one more lesson in the tyranny of government oversight

    One sad thing about this is that it is probably highly likely that, rather than admitting that government regulation and its attempt to control the market is futile and the idea that its legislation will guarantee safety is preposterous, politicians will say that, with only one more layer of bureaucracy, they and the government can prevent something
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Fri, Apr 12 2013
  • Re: (Semi-)Official Mises.org EPUB Release Topic

    ^This. Seriously, you're a badass and I am grateful for your willingness to do this work!
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Tue, Apr 2 2013
  • Re: So are these forums closing down?

    Actually, it is precisely because "Jeffrey Tucker" came out of nowhere to reply to Wheylous (and he apparently replied 14 minutes before Wheylous posted) and was promoting LibertyHQ and had knowledge of the affairs of the LvMI even though he is no longer working for it that made this a blatant April Fool's Day joke. And I would say a fairly
    Posted to General (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Mon, Apr 1 2013
  • Re: Anti-Gold

    1. I don't understand how I have "failed the value free test of economics." I am not asking if B is entitled to leisure time; instead, I am surmising that question might be one asked by an economic illiterate (like yourself) in an attempt to justify protectionism or fiat currency. Further, saying someone isn't entitled to x when its
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Mon, Apr 1 2013
  • Re: Anti-Gold

    Let us imagine a deserted and isolated island. Three men, Arnold, Brian, and Cory, become stranded on this island. They have no tools or supplies except for the clothes on their backs. The only food available to eat are the wild fish and coconuts. Arnold can catch one fish per four hours he spends fishing. He can gather two coconuts per one hour he
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Sun, Mar 31 2013
  • Re: Anti-Gold

    Are you trolling, Buzz? I honestly just cannot tell with you... I say: under gold standard, it is possible that China gives US goods in exchange for gold and chooses not to trade that gold back to US for goods but to instead buy Chinese and German goods, resulting in higher prices in Germany and China and lower prices in US, meaning the unemployed struggle
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by Phi est aureum on Thu, Mar 28 2013
Page 1 of 42 (420 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options