  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    Hi Smiling Dave, fair question. Technically, I don't think it begs the question. If you have $10m in USD, and want to move that value to China instantly, Bitcoin works -as a payment mechanism- to enable that to occur. You buy the BTC in US, send BTC instantly, then sell BTC for CNY in China. In this specific case, Bitcoin acts as a secure payment
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by evoorhees on Wed, Jun 20 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    Perhaps I should also stop promoting Austrian principles elsewhere as well and just keep it all to myself? Much better to keep quiet, and abstain from advancing liberty as often as possible. We wouldn't want to cross-polinate various useful ideas between disparate liberty groups, would we? All the Austrians can just circle-jerk here on Mises.org
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by evoorhees on Tue, Jun 19 2012
  • Re: Bitcoin DO NOT WANT!?

    Bitcoin is the best form of money currently available to mankind, based on its specific attributes. Given that Bitcoin is A) 100% free-market and B) works beautifully, It'd be nice if the Mises community would stop fussing about how it does or doesn't fit the Regression Theorem and actually helped us build it. Personally, I feel there is a bit
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by evoorhees on Mon, Jun 18 2012
Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | More Search Options