  • Re: Ayn Rand and Mises underestimating the common man/woman

    There are other places where he gives the same impression though that the superior people will always be dominant. I think his error as I noted in the first post is that under different conditions different types of people will gain higher positions in society. For example the same qualities that make somone a great warlord might end you up being exiled
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gravyten577 on Mon, Apr 29 2013
  • Re: Ayn Rand and Mises underestimating the common man/woman

    Ah I was just looking at the article the 2nd time you are right he did say that it was self deception of these capitalists and entrepreneurs. And Mises certainly is right when he talks about the cult of the common man when it comes to Marxism.
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gravyten577 on Mon, Apr 29 2013
  • Ayn Rand and Mises underestimating the common man/woman

    Sorry a lot of this might seem like rambling Page 13 of "A Farewell to Alms" by Gregory Clark [quote]Workers in modern cotton textile factories in India, for example, are actually working for as little as fifteen minutes of each hour they are at the workplace[/quote]!!! That has to be an exageration but it does make the point that the attitudes
    Posted to Economics Questions (Forum) by gravyten577 on Mon, Apr 29 2013
  • Re: atlas shrugged and technology

    I don't want to give too much away but wait until you get to the part when the government invents a machine and kills random goats with it
    Posted to General (Forum) by gravyten577 on Mon, Apr 29 2013
  • Re: Governments Can Easily Force People to Do Something and Claim No Force is Involved

    In this thread where you suggested giving free ganja to umeployed people or something you also suggested mandatory porn consumption http://mises.org/community/forums/t/32797.aspx Just because you get mad at people who look down on your porn watching doesn't justify you forcing them to watch porn lol
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by gravyten577 on Sun, Apr 28 2013
  • Re: Riddle me this.

    I've never played this game before but I'm sure refined metal is useful it is probably used in crafting other in game items. In the comments section of the article Brendon says that scrap, reclaimed and refined metal are used as currency more than anything else. Scrap and reclaimed are used as fractions of refined. This is how they work out
    Posted to General (Forum) by gravyten577 on Wed, Apr 24 2013
  • Re: Riddle me this.

    Go through the article comments and type "refined metall". Here is one comment and many others say something similar. People also use keys and earbuds for money [quote] as a player i’ve seen scrap, reclaimed, and refined metal act more as our currency more than anything. when people talk, on servers about buy or selling item the price
    Posted to General (Forum) by gravyten577 on Tue, Apr 23 2013
  • Re: Riddle me this.

    Many of the people making comments say that goods in the game are often priced in terms of refined metal
    Posted to General (Forum) by gravyten577 on Tue, Apr 23 2013
  • Re: Riddle me this.

    I looked it but there are 297 kinds of hats which are very different quality from each other so it is easy to see how hats would have a hard time becoming currency http://wiki.teamfortress.com/wiki/Hats This was funny [quote]Throughout history, men have worn hats as a way of showing how much better they are than other men. “I buy hats,”
    Posted to General (Forum) by gravyten577 on Tue, Apr 23 2013
  • Re: What is happening to silver?

    Good luck to anyone if they are looking for silver to buy. Might be hard to find
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by gravyten577 on Tue, Apr 23 2013
Page 1 of 11 (101 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options