  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    Hey Eric Me again. I apologize for being so stupid, and egotistical, in not reading your posts that haven't been addressed to me, but, going back over the list, I found this.... "If God pretty much declares morality on a whim, then it really is kind of arbitrary and he is coercing us to fit into his model. If he abides by some standard, how
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Sat, Oct 16 2010
  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    "That's patently absurd." What part? "As if I were to say your christian dogma inevitably leads to the crusades, the inquisition, and burning witches at the stake." Well, you could say that...others have in the past - not a real good argument, but you could use it! The answer that Christianity gives for that remains the same
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Sat, Oct 16 2010
  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    Hey Eric, Let's just be clear here: this list is called 'Was Jesus a pacifist?'. It's since degenerated, thanx to a few 'atheists' who just can't avoid the subject on the grounds that it's got nothing to do with them, into a debate over the truth or otherwise of Christianity & 'atheism'. On grammar, you can
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Fri, Oct 15 2010
  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    Quote: "@Craig, typical religious scare tactics. Yes, we are just physical bodies interacting with the material around us thanks to neuralchemical impulses. I know that's scary for you. Great, now that that's out of the way....yada yada yada" See Eric, this is where you let yourself down. You admit that “we are just physical
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Thu, Oct 14 2010
  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    Quote: "Jesus supported the laws of the Old Testament: "Jesus believed that the Old Testament was divinely inspired, the veritable Word of God. He said, "The Scripture cannot be broken" (John 10:35). He referred to Scripture as "the commandment of God" (Matthew 15:3) and as the "Word of God" (Matthew 15:6). He
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Wed, Oct 13 2010
  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    "Even though anarcho-capitalism isn't pacificst, pesudo-Christians who wish to employ self-defense would still be forced into being anarchists, which would only help the movement." Umm, Biblical Law gives people the right to defend themselves, their families, and property - eg: Exodus 22 - but just quickly, and becoz it might prove instructive
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Tue, Oct 12 2010
  • Re: Was Jesus a pacifist?

    "Which is why I would point out that if Jesus was a pacifist, then the crusades were immoral, unless god is changing, in which case a pacifist is more moral than god. I really don't think it would be too difficult. We'll see." To open up, the Crusades were both aggressive and defensive in theory. In practice, most of the Crusades were
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Tue, Oct 12 2010
  • Re: Japan gun control: why does it work??

    "I wasn't aware that the content of this list was at your discretion." Am I annoyed at this response? Damn straight! I go after Clayton for doing nothing other than revealing his own biases in answer to a question raised by someone else, and Mr Moderator decides to step in with, apparently, the only argument they've got, and that's
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Sat, Oct 2 2010
  • Re: Japan gun control: why does it work??

    "I'd be interested to know why you think that. I quoted Hoppe giving reasons why the State imposes "peace", perhaps you can respond with reasons why my quote of Hoppe is irrelevant." Once again, becoz it didn't answer the question. I would've thought that was obvious, but obviously not. Instead of answering the question
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Sat, Oct 2 2010
  • Re: Japan gun control: why does it work??

    This is a good analysis of Japan PRIOR TO the introduction of guns, as most Daimyo for the previous 800 years were nothing but petty warlords, of the kinds we see in Somalia today. Let it not be forgotten that Honda wouldn't exist today if they had've been wiped out 700 years ago as was the plan at the time - one warlord going up against another
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Craig on Fri, Oct 1 2010
Page 1 of 4 (31 items) 1 2 3 4 Next > | More Search Options