  • Hope for Great Britain?

    These Euro-Elections, although not quite over, are showing that the United Kingdom Independence Party will come second to the Conservatives, beating left-wing Labour and Liberal Democrats. Ok, they aren't elections for our Parliament, they aren't as important as they'er being made out to be, but this is one step ahead for us. Why? Because
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Sun, Jun 7 2009
  • Re: [VIDEO] Daniel Hannan Rips Gordon Brown a New One

    I've been following Dan Hannan for about a year or so now, reading his blog and watching his youtube channel - he is the only politician in Britain to say that it was central bank interest rate policy that caused the recession, instead of whatever crappy reasons other parties claim. I'm pretty sure he's an Austrian. As for his popularity
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Fri, Mar 27 2009
  • Best book on free banking?

    Hi Mises.org I'm trying to persuade people to the cause of private currency & free banking. This is because I think its alot easier to persuade people who believe in our basic welfare state (i live in britain) to firstly accept free banking and then figure the rest out rather than figure the rest out first and then come to free banking, like
    Posted to General (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Mon, Mar 16 2009
  • Preparations for a Police State

    http://englandexpects.blogspot.com/2009/03/scared-yet.html And be aware of the CIvil Contingencies Act which, once enacted, means the Government can take control of all infrastructure, enact emergency regulations overriding all prior legislation... Brits, watch out. We have it even worse than the Americans, who at least have a second amendment... :
    Posted to Current Events (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Thu, Mar 5 2009
  • Bringing Liberty to the UK, one step at a time

    So, I just thought I'd post this here because it's made me quite happy; there is a competition amongst AS/A2 Economics students in the UK ever year, and the winner of the best 2000 word essay wins £1000! Now, normally I wouldn't post this, but the question title is; "Are recessions inevitable?" So naturally I'm applying
    Posted to General (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Fri, Jan 23 2009
  • Britain assassinates American officials to stop America from becoming truly Keynesian (APPARENTLY)

    http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=k2GbCxCKczk&feature=channel Watch this. it's astounding. Apparently, Britain consistently assassinates American presidents and officials, and they are now aiming at Obama - because his economic plan is the "only thing that can save America" - actual quotes; "British free market globalisation nonsense"
    Posted to General (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Mon, Dec 22 2008
  • Government Manual

    When moving into your new home , some of you may have found that some things have gone missing, usually from your wallet. Electricity, gas, and water seem to be running less efficiently and food is disappearing from your cupboards. Even the clocks are wrong. Within a month, your house has turned derelict. Well, no fear - your house has an ailment that
    Posted to General (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Mon, Dec 22 2008
  • Re: How can a free society protect itself?

    In a libertarian society, if someone in my town said he wanted to destroy humanity and threatened to kill people, he wouldn't get as far as you've described. He would be refused goods or just shot dead.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Wed, Dec 17 2008
  • Re: How can a free society protect itself?

    Damn straight. The British people trust the British state not to tyrannise them. The problem is, it already does.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Wed, Dec 17 2008
  • Re: Mises.org is compromised

    Simple solution: Allow any mises.org member to remove a tag added by someone who is not the editor of the article.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Asian Austrian on Wed, Dec 17 2008
Page 1 of 5 (44 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | More Search Options