  • Re: Atheism and Ancap

    [quote user="Angurse"] The anarchist doesn't claim "the state does not exist" he claims "the state shouldn't exist" (for whatever reason(s). Further, many, many athiests do try to show that religion (and the existence of god) is false. [/quote] Yes, what did I say? The state is obviously there, I'm not talking
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Thu, Feb 4 2010
  • Re: Atheism and Ancap

    Actually the OP makes some sense, in that statism is unfounded faith itself. And it might be worthwhile to try to persuade statist atheists using this. As for belief, yes, you might not be able to completely escape taking at least some things on faith. But this doesn't mean you should believe everything, so I think it's best to preserve some
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Thu, Feb 4 2010
  • Re: Is it morally correct to overthrow a state?

    What are you talking about not resisting? So when you don't pay your taxes, they'll throw you into jail. Granted, they won't kill you. So we should be talking about whether the state can throw 5% into jail, not if they can kill you. Or put it another way: they will kill you because/if you will resist.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
  • Re: Is it morally correct to overthrow a state?

    [quote user="Stranger"] Yes, just like it is morally correct to defy any kind of monopoly and engage in exchange. However, it is not morally correct to overthrow a state only to establish your own state in its place. That is what results in death and devastation. [/quote] Exactly my point. That's what I was arguing for.
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
  • Is it morally correct to overthrow a state?

    We were having a discussion in another topic regarding this issue. For the sake of the discussion, suppose there is a government/state that is regarded as evil by a considerable proportion of people (say 5% but not necessarily a majority) both within that state and outside. Not that numbers necessarily matter. And suppose that those who think so are
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
  • Re: Milton Friedman and his son

    I don't know whether it's irony or fortunate evolution, but Milton's grandson is also an anarcho-capitalist: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Patri_Friedman I feel like there's some hope with educating our offspring.
    Posted to General (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
  • Re: Libertarian opinions of international law

    [quote user="liberty student"] [quote user="Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu"]My idea was that anybody had the right to overthrow Saddam's government. I kept arguing because some people seemed to deny this, in spite of taking the position that government is generally illegitimate.[/quote] I am still denying it. You can't act as
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
  • Re: Libertarian opinions of international law

    [quote user="liberty student"] [quote user="Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu"]What right did US have to remodel a tyranny according to their own views?[/quote] You just spent last night arguing that they had the right to defend the Iraqis from Saddam. Have you now backtracked that position? [/quote] My idea was that anybody had the right
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
  • Re: Libertarian opinions of international law

    [quote user="Marko"] Eduard, your point is so narrow that why even say anything? [/quote] It is one of my rants when I hear Obama/Bush speaking about freeing the people of Irak. Now if you read my first post again you'll see that the main point wasn't about the "wonderful" invasion, but about enslaving people under another
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
  • Re: Libertarian opinions of international law

    [quote user="liberty student"] [quote user="Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu"]You completely ignored the specifics of the situation. This is about self-defense and defense of others.[/quote] Exactly. I don't think I ignored anything. Can you answer this question please? [/quote] I'm not sure which question you want me to answer
    Posted to Political Theory (Forum) by Eduard - Gabriel Munteanu on Wed, Nov 11 2009
Page 1 of 26 (252 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last ยป | More Search Options